www.det.nsw.edu.au is the official website of the DET NSW Portal. High quality, internationally cutthroat public education and training from early childhood (playgroup), through to the compulsory years of schooling (nursery to Year 10), and senior secondary education leading to the award of the NSW Higher School Certificate (in Years 11 and 12) are delivered by the NSW Department of Education and Training. Throughout the State, it provides high quality education for approximately 70 % of all school students in New South Wales at over 2,200 locations.
The largest provider of vocational education and training in the southern hemisphere is the NSW Technical and Further Education (TAFE) Commission which is known as TAFE NSW. Each year over 500,000 enrolments are done by TAFE NSW. Students are enrolled full-time, part-time and in an enormous array of short courses. They give skills to their students which will make them productive and cutthroat. Through 10 Institutes with over 130 campuses across the State, TAFE NSW offers a broad array of nationally recognised courses. It also gives 1,200 major awards which are recognised by industry and throughout the community.
In Australia, TAFE NSW is the market leader in career education. TAFE NSW provides career education and training of the highest quality that meets the needs and ambitions of their customers. It also provides relevant skills for the present and future workforce and also is recognised across the nation and globally. Their success will be measured by improving socio-economic indicators in rural and regional areas from 2002 to 2004, for example, increasing productivity in industry, reducing unemployment, and increasing the participation of young people in education and training. Their aim is to surpass the expectations of all their stakeholders – industry, their students, their staff and the people of New South Wales.
If you are DET/TAFE Staff and want to login in account. So, there are two ways to log in to the DET Staff portal or the MyTAFE portal.
1. To access the DET Staff Portal or the MyTAFE portal directly, then write your user ID and password then press ‘submit’ button.
2. To Access the DET Staff Portal or the MyTAFE portal from outside the network, or by selecting it from the DET Intranet, for that you have to write Network User ID and Network password then click on ‘submit’ button.
- For all DET/TAFE Staff: If you have forgotten your DET User ID Password you can reset it by clicking on the “Forgotten your DET User ID password?” link and following the prompts, BUT only if you have previously created your Secret Question and Answer. Otherwise ……
- For all TAFE Staff: If you have forgotten your DET User ID Password then you can use your Network User ID and corresponding Password to reset your DET User ID Password by clicking on the “TAFE Staff Self-Registration” link and following the prompts.
- For all Corporate and School-based Staff: If you have forgotten your DET User ID Password and only if you have been issued with a Network User ID and corresponding Password, you can use these to reset your DET User ID Password by clicking on the “DET Staff with Corporate Network Credentials” link and following the prompts.
- For Casual School-based Staff: Use option i. above; otherwise please contact your local school technology administrator.
- For NON-DET Employees (including contractors, student teachers and guests): Use option i. or ii or iii. above OR contact your DET/TAFE manager.
For more information, visit www.det.nsw.edu.au.