Punjab Public Service Commission offers direct recruitment for different posts under the Government of Punjab. They provide services to their local candidates in the following manners: Disseminate information, Process application, Arrange tests/examination in the region, Conduct interviews when instructed by the main office. It is considered as an oldest Public Service Commission. This commission was established in April 1937 under the Government of India Act, 1935. The Main commission office is situated at 2-Agha Khan (Davis) Road, Lahore. The two regional offices located at Multan and Rawalpindi. The information of Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment Exam 2009 Results is given below.
Vacancies for Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 38 posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 18 posts
- Excise & Taxation Officer – 37 posts
- Tehsildar – 06 posts
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer – 05 posts
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 15 posts
- Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies – 08 posts
- Labor and Reconciliation Officer – 03 posts
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 13 posts
Syllabus of PPSC
- Compulsory Subjects for Main Exam: English, Essay, Punjabi
- Optional Subjects for Preliminary/Main: History, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Defense & Strategic Studies, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Philosophy, Psychology, Law, Political Science, Geography, Agriculture, Geology, Sociology, Commerce, Physics, English Literature, Sanskrit,
- Urdu Language & Literature, Hindi Literature, Punjabi Literature, Public Administration
- New Optional Subjects: Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Veterinary Sciences& Animal Husbandry
- Management (only for mains)
How to apply for above post:
The candidates can submit their application only on OMR Sheet. The fees of OMR Sheet and syllabus is Rs.500/-. The application form will be submitted in the office. You can also sanction DD of desired fee in the favor of the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala. Last date of submission of application is 28th December, 2009.
If you want to see the result of Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment Exam, then visit www.ppsc.gop.pk.