The University of Mumbai is one of the oldest Universities in India. Mumbai University declared TYBcom exam timetable. TYBcom exam will be started on 1st April, 2010 and ended on 19th April, 2010. Time of TYBcom exam is 11.00 A.M. to 2.00 P.M. The timetable of Mumbai University TYBcom examinations and TYBcom.com Syllabus are provided below.
Mumbai University TYBcom exam time table for academic year 2009 – 2010:
|Days and Date
|Thu, Apr 01, 2010||Account 1 – Financial Accounting
Business Management I – Management and Organization Development
|Sat, Apr 03, 2010||Accounts 2 – Auditing and Cost Accounting
Business Management II – Financial Management
|Mon, Apr 05, 2010||Accounts 3 – Management Accounting Etc. (Rev.)
Business Management III – Marketing Management
|Tue, Apr 06, 2010||Direct and Indirect Taxation|
|Wed, Apr 07, 2010||Business Economics|
|Thu, Apr 08, 2010||MPP (Management and Production Planning)|
|Fri, Apr 09, 2010||Export Marketing|
|Sat, Apr 10, 2010||Computer Systems and Applications|
|Mon, Apr 12, 2010||Psychology of Human Behaviour at work|
|Tue, Apr 13, 2010||Marketing Research|
|Thu, Apr 15, 2010||International Marketing nvestment Analysis Portfolio Management|
|Fri, Apr 16, 2010||Rural Marketing|
|Sat, Apr 17, 2010||Entrepreneurship and M.S.S.I|
|Mon, Apr 19, 2010||Elements of Operation Researc|
For getting full TYBcom exam timetable 2010, you can download pdf file by clicking here.
Syllabus of TYBcom.com from Mumbai University:
Unit-1: Data Communication, Networking and Internet:
(a) Data Communications Components, Data representation, Distributed processing, (Concepts only)
(b) Network Basics and Infrastructure
- Definition, Types (LAN,MAN,WAN) Advantages,
- Network Structures – Server Based, Client server, Peer to Peer.
- Topologies – Star, Bus, Ring.
- Network Media, Wired and Wireless
- Network Hardware: Hubs, Bridges, Switches, Routers
- Network Protocols – TCP/IP, OSI Model
- Definition , Types of connections, Sharing internet connection,
- Services on r:et- WWW, Email- Blogs,
- IP addresses, Domain names, URLs.
- Searching Directories, Search engines, Boolean search (AND, OR, NOT), Advanced search, Meta Search engines.
- Email-POP/SMTP accounts in Email, Different parts of an Email address. Receiving and sending emails with attachments by scanning attachments for viruses.
Unit-2: E-Commerce (18 lectures):
- Definition of E-commerce
- Features of E-commerce
- Types of E-commerce (B2C,B2B,C2C,P2P)
- Business Models in E-Commerce (Advertising, Subscription, Transaction Fee, Sales Revenue, Affiliate Revenue )
- Major B2C models (Portal, Etailer, Content Provider, Transaction Broker, Market Creator, Service provider, Community provider.
- E-Commerce Security: Integrity, Non repudiation, Authenticity, Confidentiality, Privacy Availability.
- Encryption; Definition, Digital signatures, SSL.
- Payment Systems: Digital Cash, Online stored value, digital accumulating balance payment, Digital credit accounts, digital checking.
- How an Online credit card transaction works. SET protocol.
- Limitations of E-commerce.
- M-commerce ( Definition and Features)
Unit-3: Database and SQL (18 lectures) (6 practicals):
- Introduction to Databases, Relational and Non relational database systems.SQL as a Non-procedural Language. Views of data.
- SQL Basics: statements ( Schema Statements, Data statements, Transaction statements , names (table & column names), data types (Char, Varchar, Text, Mediumtext, Longtext, Smallint, Bigint, Boolean, Decimal, Float, Double, Date, DateTime, TimeStamp, Year, Time,Creating datatabase,Inserting data,Updating data, Deleting data,expressions,built in
- functions,missing data (NULL and NOT NULL,DEFAULT values),CREATE,USE,ALTER (Add,Remove,Change columns),RENAME, SHOW,DESCRIBE (CREATE TABLE,COLUMNS,STATUS and DATABASES only) and DROP (TABLE,COLUMN, DATABASES statments), PRIMARY KEY,FOREIGN KEY (One and more columns) , Simple Validity checking using CONSTRAINTS
- Simple queries: The SELECT statement (From, Where, Group By, Having, Order B, Distinct, Filtering Data by using conditions. Simple and complex conditions using logical, arithmetic and relational operators (=, !=, <;>, <>, AND,OR, NOT, LIKE, BETWEEN )
- Multi-table queries: Simple joins (INNER JOIN), SQL considerations for multi table queries (table aliases, qualified column names, all column selections, self joins).
- Nested Queries (Only upto two levels) : using sub queries, sub query search conditions, sub queries & joins, nested sub queries, correlated sub queries, sub queries in the HAVING clause.
- Simple Transaction illustrating START, COMMIT, and ROLLBACK.
Unit-4: Introduction to C Programming (18 lectures) (6 practicals):
1. Introduction :
C character set
C data types
C type modifiers
Operators (Unary , Binary, Relational, Logical)
C assignment statements
Concept of header files (stdio.h, math.h, conio.h only)
2. Simple programming concepts :
Form of a C program, printf() (%d,%f,%c,%s,%lf,%ld), scanf(), gets(), getchar(), puts(), putchar(), getch(), putch(), pow(), sqr(), clrscr(), storage class specifiers , Preprocessor directive #include<>
3. Control Statements:
If else , for, while , do while , switch , break , continue .
4. Arrays :
Concept of one dimensional array (character and integer ) , sorting of numbers , printing array of numbers.
Unit-4: Visual Basic (18 Lectures) (6 practicals):
1. Introduction to Visual Basic, Introduction Graphical User Interface (GUI) , Programming Language (procedural, Object Oriented, Event Driven), Writing VB projects, The Visual Basic Environment, Finding and fixing errors [Chapter 1 of 19]
2. Introduction to VB Controls: Textboxes, Frames, Check Boxes, Option Buttons, Images, Setting a Border & Styles, The Shape Control, The line Control, Working with multiple controls and their properties, Designing the User Interface, Keyboard access keys, Default &. Cancel property, tab order, Coding for controls using Text, Caption, Value propelty and SetFocus method [Chapter 2 of 19]
3. Variables, Constants, and Calculations
Variable and Constant, Data Types (Boolean, Byte, String, Integer, Currency, Single, Double, Date), Naming rules/conventions, Constants (Named & intrinsic), Declaring variables, Scope ofvariabies, Val Function; Arithmetic Operations, Formatting Data. [Chapter 3 of 19]
4. Decision and Condition
Condition, Comparing numeric variables and constants, Comparing Strings, Comparing Text property of text box, Compound Conditions (And, Or, Not)
If Statement, If .then-else Statement, Nested If Statements, LCase and UCase function, Using If statements with Option Buttons & Check Boxes
MsgBox (Message Box) statement Input Validation: IsNumeric function.
Planning the project [Chapter 4 of 19]
5. Menus, Sub-Procedures and Sub-functions, Defining / Creating and Modifying a Menu, Using common dialog box, Creating a new sub-procedure, Passing Variables to Procedures, Passing Argument ByVal or ByRef, Writing a Function Procedure
[Chapter 5 of 19]
6. Lists, Loops and Printing
LisfBoxes and Combo Boxes
Do/ Loops, For/Next loops
Functions: MsgBox with multiple buttons, Strings
Sending information to the printer using Printer.Print, Printer.NewPage, Printer.EndDoc methods. [Chapter 7 of 19]
Unit-5: Spreadsheet (18 lectures) (6 practicals):
a) Creating and navigating worksheets and adding information to worksheets
- Types of data, entering different types of data such as texts, numbers, dates,functions.
- Quick ways to add data Auto complete, Autocorrect, Auto fill Auto fit. Undo an Redo.
- Moving data, contiguous and non contiguous selections. Selecting with keyboard.
Cut-Copy Paste. Adding and moving columns or rows. Inserting columns and rows.
- Find and replace values. Spell check.
- Formatting Cells, Numbers, dates, times, Font, Colors, borders, fills.
b) Multiple spreadsheets
- Creating and Using templates
- Creating and Linking Multiple Spreadsheets.
- Adding, removing, hiding and renaming worksheets.
- Add headers /Footers to a Workbook. Page breaks, previews.
- Creating formulas, inserting functions, cell references, Absolute, Relative ( within a worksheet, other worksheets and other workbooks), logical operators.
- Creating and using named ranges
- Financial functions: FV ,PV ,PMT,PPMT,IPMT,NPER,RATE,NPV,IRR
- Database Functions LOOKUP,VLOOKUP,HLOOKUP
- Conditional Logic functions.IF,COUNTIF,SUMIF
- Mathematical and statistical functions.
- String functions LEFT,RIGHT,MID,LEN,UPPER,LOWER,PROPER,TRIM,
- Date functions
d) Data Analysis
- Sorting, filter with customized condition, subtotal
- The Graphical representation of data
- Pivot Tables – Building Pivot Tables, Pivot Table regions, Rearranging Pivot Table.