I am sure that you will completely agree with me that it is very difficult to find the right and reliable source for finding latest fashion and trends. There are hundreds of websites out there, each claiming that they are the most authentic. You cannot go on trying one after another, isn’t it? Then how do you know which one is worth your time?
To help you save trouble of trial and error, we have reviewed 10 such websites. It is mainly about what they offer, their good points and aspects that we didn’t like. Based on these factors we have also given them a final rating on a scale of 5. Here they are:
www.looksgud.in is a fashion discovery platform that brings the latest trending fashion for men, women, and children.
USP: It is a community driven fashion discovery platform.
- It brings in social element to trends and fashion.
- It allows users and fashion experts to contribute to the site content and lets the users follow other users and ‘like’ or share contributions by other users.
- Brings best deals and discounts from 50+ online shops in different categories.
- The website does not have filters. This makes finding the desired product quite difficult. For example if I am looking for light blue shirt, then I do not know how much I would need to scroll before I first see the first such shirt. If I do not like that shirt then another round of unpredictable scrolling.
- Text and graphics are too big making lesser number of products visible on the screen. In addition, the home screen itself is more than half covered with attractive but useless banner messages. You have to scroll just to see the first set of products.
- Even though the mobile website is quite nice, it also suffers from the above points.
- It does not have mobile app.
www.wooplr.com is exclusively for women fashion.
USP: This platform focuses on unique new brands and products. It aims to bring best shops for things that you would want to buy. In addition, it lets users learn what their friends and influencers are buying.
- They have a good collection of merchandise.
- Collection covers literally the entire variety of products that a woman needs. These include garments, nail polishes, lipsticks, compacts, eyeliners, eye shadow etc.
- They have a good mobile friendly website.
- They have a decent mobile app.
- Normally women prefer to shop for their children from the source that they trust. Not having children products leaves wooplr’s customers unhappy.
- They compete with other heavyweight fashion eCommerce websites that offer a much larger and better collection.
- Website is a complete mess for providing filters for brands.
- The list of brands isn’t complete e.g. world famous brands Lakme is completely missing in their list of brands.
- The list of brands is complete disarray and not sorted at all in any particular order e.g. alphabetical order.
- The funniest part is that at several places filtering products by brands results in products of some other brands being shown. For example, when I selected ‘Kooves’ brand (this happens to the first brand listed in the filter!) in beauty category, the result were beauty products from L’Oreal, Maybelline and Toni and Guy brands!
www.yebhi.com is into branded fashion apparels, bags, accessories, jewelry and mobiles. They source the merchandise from authorized suppliers of the brands.
USP: Caters mainly to the needs and requirements of budget conscious consumers who demand value for money.
- They sell only branded merchandise that ensures great quality.
- The website has a bit of social aspect wherein the user can create his or her shop, add products, and share the shop with friends or promote it elsewhere.
- Offers cash back for every purchase.
- The website seems clumsy about offering ways to shortlist the desired products. For example, it does not have filters to choose the desired color of product.
- Most of the products are linked to Jabong.com. This severely restricts the product range.
- There is nothing new or innovative value addition except for some cash back for the users.
www.sytlebuys.com is an aggregator for fashion products such as apparel, footwear, bags and jewelry for men, women and kids.
USP: It is a subsidiary of Turkey’s www.stilgilin.com. Like its mother company, this website provides very rich set of filters to help users find the desired product very fast. These include filters that even the aggregated eCommerce website does not have. With such rich functionality, they claim to be the ‘search engine’ for fashion.
- It aggregates products from 14 online shops such as Amazon.in, flipkart.com, shopclues.com, jabong.com etc. This gives a nice collection for the users.
- It has easy to use filters that enable users to find the desired product quickly.
- The website is pretty smooth and fast to respond.
- As compared to other similar aggregators, it does not offer any significant value addition to the users.
- Because it is aggregating products from several sources, it tends to leave out most of the products on each shops, thereby making the menu quite restricted.
- Few times wrong category of products gets displayed. For example, in kids section sometimes men’s products are seen.
www.redpolka.com is centered on women and lifestyle. This platform provides the platform for brands to highlight their trending products.
USP: This portal aims to be the platform for homegrown designers and women consumers who demand fresh designs.
- They have unique products that may be difficult to find at online stores.
- The website is quite smooth and fast.
- The numbers of products are quite limited.
- The filters are lacking functions such as filtering by brand.
- The website lists the most popular products first which leads to great new products being at the end of the list. This tilts the entire business towards old and popular products and stifles new products that consumers may be looking for.
www.shopalike.in aggregates products from around 50 online shops for almost all categories such as apparel, bags, beauty, jewelry, watches, furniture, home furnishing and so on.
USP: They bring huge number of products and powerful filters to find that needle that you are looking for in the haystack.
- It has very rich filters, including rarely seen filters such as cloth material for apparels, which help users to find their desired product quickly.
- The website is quite fast giving a good user experience.
- Switching categories is very simple and different compared to other similar websites.
- As it aggregates products for several categories, it is not focused on bringing the best in fashion.
- It does not let filter by user’s favorite online shop.
www.sweetcouch.com aims to bring online the experience of window-shopping with friends.
USP: The website is designed quite well such that users actually feel like they are window shopping.
- The app has a built-in messenger designed around chatting with your friends and family about some product on sweetcouch.com.
- The website is quite fast.
- It is not only about fashion items, but also includes products from categories such as outdoors, art and gadgets. This diffuses the focus from purely fashion point of view.
- The chat function, which is their unique point, is not available through the website.
- The collection is not that impressive or rich in terms of variety.
www.klip.in aggregates products and merchandise in fashion category from 1080 online stores.
USP: This portal differentiates itself from others by taking into consideration the activities of the user’s social connections as well as interest graph.
- Sourcing from a large number of online shops gives users variety and choice.
- It has a separate dedicated section called as ‘looks’ where the products are grouped based on a specific looks such as gold looks for dhanteras. This makes it easy for the users to select products suitable for them to get that desired looks.
- The website is quite fast and responsive.
- It lacks good filters such as color to help find the desired products more smoothly.
- Even though they claim to source from 1080 online stores, many of those stores don’t have any products in even popular categories. For example, I searched for men’s casual shirts and tried to check out the collection for different eCommerce shops. The experience was quite bad as for most the eCommerce shops the results was empty. There was only one casual shirt even for eBay.in. This severely restricts the range of products making the large number of eCommerce shops meaningless.
- The website contents do not seem to be updated. We were able to easily stumble upon such products that are out of stock at the selling online shop.
www.roposo.com strives to bring only relevant fashion items related to every possible requirement.
USP: They are the India’s first fashion focused social networking platform exclusively for women.
- The website has some interesting and unique products especially for women.
- The website is quick to load which gives good user experience.
- It is very easy to navigate.
- The products appear to be quite limited.
- It has very limited filters that restrict the speed of finding the desired products.
www.vucato.com aims to provide a platform to the users for making it very easy for them to find their dream style and fashion products. It caters to men, women and kids.
USP: It is a part of boldsky.com, which is one stop solution for all lifestyle problems.
- It offers very good categorization at a flat level rather than nested categories. This makes navigation easy.
- It offers a great set of filters that makes it quite easy to zero-in on the desired products.
- The website categories do not seem to work properly at times. For example, when we selected men’s casual shirts, we could see several shirt materials in the list.
- The website is slow to load especially in applying filters.
- The product collection did not look very enticing.
This was our review of 10 fashion aggregators. We hope that you will find it helpful and useful to get on board the best aggregator for your needs and required without wasting time on others. Similar to showing your latest purchase to your friends and family, why not share this list with them, and help them save time too?