Many myths are associated with the dietary fiber, yet it has become the hot and new health craze among the people because it has many benefits.
Dietary fiber is the stodgy part of the plants that help to digest the food easily and correctly. It remove wastage of the body as it contains bulky material that cleans the colon and make a place to travel easily in the digestive area of the human body. Dietary fiber is also called as Bulk or Roughage. This indigestible part of the plant is necessary to digest the foods properly so it should be included in the healthy diet plan.
Green leafy vegetables are rich source of the dietary fiber. Soluble fiber and insoluble fiber are types of the dietary fiber. Insoluble Fiber doesn’t melt in water and decrease the travelling time of waste substances through the colon. Therefore it avoids the colon cancer. Soluble Fiber can be found in the gel form in intestine. 30-40gms of fiber should be taken daily for the better health.
Insoluble fiber provides bulky substance so the process of stool formation and the passage of the stool through the colon become very easy that’s why everyone needs dietary fiber. By consuming Insoluble fiber, you can manage your weight because this types of the dietary fiber satisfies your hunger by giving you a full feeling. Fiber is necessary for the bowel function and it also assists to decrease diverticulitis and constipation.
Myths related to dietary fiber:
- Digestion of the food improves by taking the foods that are high in fiber because they slow down the digestive process.
- It is also helpful for the generation process.
- Fiber decreases appetite by satisfying your hunger need.
- For better health, it is necessary to get 30 to 40 g fiber daily
- For the cure of diarrhea disease, it is the safe and effective remedy.
- Fiber averts the diseases like metabolic disorders, weight gain and diabetes by decreasing blood sugar level.
- It cures heart disease by reducing the blood cholesterol levels and triglycerides.
- Fiber foods make easy digestive process so the risk of cancer reduces particularly breast cancer.
- The risk of gallstones and kidney stones also decrease by taking fiber foods.
- Fiber is useful for the prevention of diverticular diseases.
Facts about dietary fiber:
Soluble fiber helps to blood sugar levels in individuals having diabetes. It has effect on insulin necessities because soluble fiber improves blood sugar regulation by reducing the carbohydrate absorption rate. If people drink sufficient water, then fiber plays a vital role in soften stools and stops constipation.
The colon cancer risk can be reduced by taking insoluble fiber foods as it improves the speed of waste elimination. Thus carcinogens (cancer causing substances) do not get enough time to contact with intestinal cells. Therefore, it becomes easy to dilute stool as it includes carcinogens.
Particular quantity of fiber intake should be suggested according to the age. 38gm fiber per day for males who comes in the age group of 19-50 years and 25 gm per day for the females, who comes in the age group of 19-50 years old. Male’s age 51 years has to consume 30 gm per day and females of the same age group need 21 mg fiber per day. American eats about 15 grams fiber and it is too small to meet the RDA.
There is no limit decided for the fiber intake consumption. But if it is taken excessively then fiber merge with other vitamins and minerals thus the chemical process of the body, called “chelation,” will disturb. So it is suggested to eat fiber in the proper amount to avoid the nutrient deficiencies. The vegetarian people contain normal mineral levels and vitamin, if their diets include the foods that are rich in fiber. Drink large quantity of fluids to help fiber work.
If you take low quantity of insufficient fiber, it may leads to constipation. The risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and gastrointestinal condition increase if the low fiber diet is taken for the long time. You should slowly increase the fiber consumption to avoid bloating, gas, diarrhea and stomach aches.
Grain such as all bran, raisin bran, oat bran, vegetables such as lima beans, okra, artichokes mushrooms, broccoli etc, fruit such as dates, figs, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries etc, meat and beans like soybeans, Edamame, fava Beans etc are high in fiber. Wheat bran, pectin, psyllium husk powder are the rich source of the purified fibers.
Benefits of dietary fiber:
- Decrease the occurrence of cancers in the digestive tract.
- Healthy weight loss becomes possible due to dietary fiber.
- It decrease LDL that is bad cholesterol levels.
- It decreases the risk of diseases related with heart.
- Insoluble fiber protects diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Why dietary fibers become a new hot health craze?
Nowadays, dietary fiber is taken as the weight loss supplements. To relieve of all the pollutants in your body, large quantities of dietary fiber should be suggested by Ayurveda Medical Science. Dietary fiber has bulking properties therefore people experience less hungry feelings and decrease appetite that ultimately result in weight loss. Blood sugar levels of the body also can be managed by the fiber. Due to all these benefits of the dietary fiber, it becomes a new hot health craze among the people especially in the youth.
All about Dietary Fiber video from youtube: