Easy Recipe of Naan Bread :
Before getting to learn to make one of the most delicious dishes of South Asia, let’s know a little history about it. The flat breads from around the planet are known by the common name naan. This is one of the famous dishes in the whole of South Asia (Mainly in India). Naan is actually a Persian word and the occurrence of this word can be noted in the English literature back in 1780s.
Now Naan available in most of the countries have their recipe from South Asian countries like India. Though Naan is basically flatbread, baked in clay Oven, different special ingredients will make it more delicious. As wheat flour is the main ingredient of Naan bread, this South Asian dish has great health value as well. Dry Naan without oil or butter is the best food for people with heart risks. Researches indicate that dry Naan is one of the foods available today, which can effectively reduce heart risks. In fact Naan being the common breakfast in North India is the main reason for people out there being strong and resistant to harmful diseases.
Now that we know something about Naan Bread Recipe, we will get ready to prepare it by ourselves. Trust me that you have to taste this South Asian Dish to know how great it is. Preparing Naan bread is very easy and interesting. So let’s start – The DIY guide for Naan Bread.
4 cups White flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Milk
1tsp Sesame seeds
- Use a sieve to sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl and make a depression in the middle in the form of a well.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, milk, eggs and 2tbsp of oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture from the second bowl into the flour and knead the dough well. Add water in intervals as per required such that a soft dough is obtained.
- Add into it the remaining 2tbsp of oil, knead again and keep it aside covered in a damp cloth for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, knead the dough again and finally cover it for 2-3 hrs.
- Just about 30 minutes before baking the bread pre-heat the oven at maximum temperature.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and flatten them with hand to a thickness of ¼” inches.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and sesame seeds on the upper side of the naan dough and place it in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake it until it is puffed and turns into a golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and add a dollop of butter to it if desired.
- It is ready to be served hot.