Dandruff is a very common condition associated with skin. In this condition, shiny, silvery scales separate from the scalp and may be noticed on the shoulders, back or scalp. Dandruff can be controlled and cured by home made natural remedies. Dandruff is a natural process which takes place when the skin cells covering our bodies are constantly being replaced by new skin cells. Dandruff is also the removal of dead skin from the scalp. In mild form, dandruff consists of loose white flakes, which can be accompanied by itching. Psoriasis is a skin condition which may be resulted in dandruff.
The scales from the scalp fall like snowflakes when the hair combing or brushing is carried out and they settle on the eye brows, shoulders, and clothes. Sometimes, these scales appear as lumps or crusts on the scalp and itching may occur on scalp. The scalp may become red from scratching or itching. Impairment of general health, development of a toxic condition mainly due to taking of wrong foods, constipation, and a low vitality due to infectious diseases are the main causes of dandruff.
Other common causes of dandruff:
- Hair Oil: Use of hair oil may tend to increase of fungal elements. Momentarily the flakes may appear to lessen because they tend to stick to the scalp due to the oil; ultimately the dandruff is likely to increase.
- Unsuitable Shampoos: Dandruff may occur due to use of unsuitable shampoo. By peeling, the skin of the scalp can react to a shampoo. Poor quality shampoos are mostly responsible for dandruff. For this reason, always use shampoos which are made by reputed companies.
- Excessive oiliness can lead to dandruff: In young people, who have a tendency towards pimples/acne, excessive oiliness is common condition. Some amount of scaling is normal during the teenage life. It generally clears up between the ages of twenty and twenty-five.
- Excessive dryness on the scalp can also be a cause of dandruff: Especially in the initial stages, some skin disorders are likely to noticeable as just dandruff. Some skin disorders include early seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections of the scalp, occasionally bacterial infections, etc
- Stress can also lead to dandruff: Dandruff certainly does fluctuate with stress. The more stress condition worsens the dandruff.
To prevent dandruff:
- Drink at least 2 liter water. Combs must be washed regularly and also hair should be brushed regularly.
- Avoid spicy and greasy food because it helps dandruff to increase and spread.
- Add more vegetables and fruits in the diet.
- Avoid taking tinned and canned foods.
- Avoid or reduce intake of fried foods, dairy products, sugar, chocolate and nuts.
Home made natural remedies to get rid of dandruff:
Sometimes, dandruff leads to pimples and also responsible for hair loss. Due to these reasons, it is essential to control dandruff. Like most other skin problems, dandruff can also be controlled and even cured completely if the treatment is done correctly. Some home remedies by which you can get rid of dandruff include:
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel works very well for quickly removal of dandruff. Rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp for 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair. Then, shampoo your hair in the same way as you regularly do. The dandruff will stay away if you do this everyday.
- Fenugreek seeds: It is one of the most important remedies in the treatment of dandruff. Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be soaked overnight in water and then ground into a fine paste in the morning. Apply this fine paste all over scalp and leave for ½ an hour. Finally, wash the hair with mild shampoo.
- Massage the hair with curd which has been kept in the open for three days for half an hour. By doing this dandruff can also be removed.
- Mix six spoonfuls water and two spoonfuls pure vinegar. Apply it on the scalp with the help of cotton wool before going to bed. You can also tie a towel around your head to protect the pillow. Rinse the hair by shampooing. Rinse again with vinegar water after shampooing. Continue this one time a week for at least three months. It is one of the best home remedy for removing dandruff.
- Massage the hair with mixture of a spoonful of lemon juice and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Then, wash your hair with egg shampoo.
- Rub your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of 2 lemons. Steam your hair and leave the oil on for about 2 hours. Then rinse your hair with mild shampoo. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times in a week.
- For treating dandruff, beets are also useful. Boil both tops and roots of it in water. This water should be massaged into the scalp with the finger tips every night. White beet is better for this purpose.
- Green gram powder is also a valuable prescription for removal of dandruff. Wash the hair twice a week by using two tablespoons of this powder mixed with half a cup of curd.
- Dissolve 10 aspirins (5 grains each) in 1 cup warm water and massage it into scalp for about 10 minutes. Rinse it. After rinsing aspirin out completely, add a vinegar rinse as an extra help. If necessary, use after every shampoo.
- Mix henna powder, curd, ritha power together to prepare herbal pack. Apply the mixture on the head and keep it for at least ½ an hour and afterwards wash it with water. Further wash with herbal lime based shampoo for dandruff. Lime is good for curing dandruff and also it behaves as a good conditioner.
- For 10 minutes, boil a mixture of 4-5 dried thyme and two cups of water. Then cool it. Massage it on the scalp and leave it for ½ an hour. After that, wash it. You will have a dandruff-free head.
- Before shampooing, massage the mixture of one ounce of spirits, Yolk of egg, a pinch of Borax and a cup of warm water to your scalp.
- Check out natural shampoo for dry scalp and dandruff.