Blood clots are the semi-solid cluster produced by body, when the blood vessels injured. Blood clotting is the process that averts extreme bleeding. Blood hardens from a liquid to solid in blood clots condition. It can be observed inside a blood vessel or within the heart. There are many ways mentioned below to stop blood costs.
Blood Clot is also known as emboli and thrombi and it is referred as deep-vein thrombosis or DVT in the medical language. Clots can arise in veins or arteries that are vessels and the part of the body’s circulatory system. Due to blood clots, approximately 100,000 Americans die every year. It happens due to pregnancy, injuries, smoking, lack of mobility and the factors that damage the circulation. Blood clots may cause by infections, cancer, autoimmune disorders, bleeding disorders, vascular diseases, high blood pressure and stroke.
Other factors also lead to this condition like obesity, lack of exercise, use of contraceptive pills or patches, sitting or laying in one position for long period of time, advanced age and genetic factors. The platelets and the thrombin system are the main facets of the clotting mechanism. Mature blood clot includes platelets as well as fibrin strands. The strands of fibrin connect the platelets jointly and make the clot steady. Blood clots are hazardous because they are origin of pulmonary embolism, a clot in the blood vessel that is incurable.
Symptoms of a Blood Clot
- Abrupt pain, inflammation, tenderness in the arm or leg
- The person also experiences abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea
- Heart: chest pain, frequently radiating down the left arm and escorted by shortness of breath, and sweating
- Brain: visual disturbances, weakness, seizures, speech impairment
- Lung: fast pulse, bloody cough, shortness of breath, sweating, fever
How to stop Blood Clots?
Follow the instructions that make blood thinner. Take blood thinning medication that aids to cure the current clots. It reduces the risk of pulmonary embolism. According to the Mayo Clinic, you should not take double dose because it boosts the threat of bleeding. Take the medication that prevents the cold and fever. You can also take OTC (Over-the-counter), anti-inflammatory drugs that helps to thin the blood. But do not take it for long time because it may injure the liver or kidney.
If you are inactive for long period of time then blood clots easily take place therefore you have to do regular exercise. Spinach, kale and other dark, leafy greens are rich in vitamin K and they are natural blood thinner. Thus you should consume more spinach to alleviate this condition. According to the Mayo Clinic, if you are taking blood thinning medication then reduce the vitamin K consumption.
If you experience any pain, numbness or throbbing in your legs then pay attention on them. Go for doctor to check your legs whether it change the color like redness or a bluish tinge. Do not ignore the leg issues, particularly when you are motionless because of traveling, sickness or other situation. You should move from one place to other place. Do not sit out the whole duration of a trip. Get up and walk around at least every hour or two. Natural ways to stop blood clots:
- Stay away from smoking and drinking to prevent the blood clots. Improve your style of living. Do not cross the legs, when you sit in front of computer. When you cross your legs at the time of sitting, it interfere the free flow of blood.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic that assists to stop blood clots. Dark chocolate also aids in this condition.
- Hawthorn herb can be used for blood and heart diseases. But consult the doctor before taking it.
- Consume Vitamin C because it averts oxidation of bad cholesterol and ultimately helps to stop blood clots.
- Good care and healthy diet also help to cure it.
- B-complex vitamin and omega 3 fatty acids can be used to stop blood clots.
How Does Blood Clot video from youtube: