Almost all the people in this world, experience small amount of skin cell flaking. When the flaking of dead skin cells from the scalp exceeds normal limits, it takes the shape of dandruff. Use natural shampoo for dry scalp & dandruff and some of the best selected natural shampoo recipes are mentioned below.
Now-a-days, dandruff has become quite widespread and it is one of the worst problems to affect human hair. Dandruff is the excessive flaking of dead skin cells from the scalp of a person, chiefly when he/she undergoes repeated exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions. Normally skin cells die and are reinstated around once a month. However, in people with dandruff, the process is speeded up to about once every two weeks. The most common culprits are fungi and yeast. But, dry weather, bad hygiene, stress and anxiety, poor diet and even hormonal changes can cause an itchy and flaky scalp.
Dry scalp is also a very general condition that is experienced by several persons, particularly in cold climates or during the winter season. When the secretion of oil by sebaceous glands that are lying under the skin of the scalp decreases due to some reasons, scalp tends to get dried up. Nutritional deficiency is the key intrinsic factor for causing dry scalp. Uses of harsh shampoo, chemicals of hard water, pollution, and dry weather condition are other external factors that may lead to dry scalp. Dry scalp is often escorted by itching sensation of the skin, formation of flakes on the scalp and increase in hair loss.
In dry scalp and dandruff condition, tiny white flakes of dead skin come out when combing or brushing of their hair. The person will also find pieces of dry skin in his fingernails if a dry scalp is scratched. For dry scalp and dandruff treatment, many hair care products are available in the market such as moisturizers, lotions, conditioners and shampoos. However in most cases, using a store-bought or homemade shampoo will clear up this problem. Natural remedies involve use of naturally occurring substances that are easily available at home.
Non-natural dandruff Shampoos contain Tars, which literally burn the dead, flaky cells of the scalp. This is not a solution to the problem because it takes the surface flakes away and so it allows the fungus to travel deeper to be nourished. Due to this, when you stop using these products, the dandruff and flaking will worsen. Non-natural dandruff Shampoos only masks the problem but not addressed it. So, the natural shampoos are the best than non-natural shampoos and also they have no side effects.
Recipes of natural shampoo for dry scalp & dandruff:
Natural Shampoo Recipe no.1
- Baking soda
- How to apply?
- Wet your hair and then take a handful of baking soda, and rub it into your hair and scalp. Wash your hair thoroughly. To wash your hair, continue to use baking soda avoiding regular shampoo all together.
- Note: Originally, your hair will probably feel quite dry. However, after a few weeks your scalp will begin to produce more natural oils, and your hair’s softness will return.
Natural Shampoo Recipe no.2
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- How to apply?
- This is the easiest natural dandruff shampoo recipes. Mix water and white vinegar in a medium-sized bowl and apply to the scalp directly. Massage this mixture for a few minutes in a round motion and then wash off with the regular shampoo. Use this two times a week before shampooing. After a few applications, dandruff is sure to reduce.
Natural Shampoo Recipe no.3
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 6 cloves, finely ground
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp rum extract
- ¼ cup shampoo of your choice
- How to apply?
- In a blender, add apple cider vinegar and shampoo. Stir in rum extract, apple juice and ground cloves. Blend all the ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds, until all the ingredients are formed into a fine paste. Pour this shampoo in a bottle. For maximum 3 days, you can store this shampoo in the refrigerator.
These are some simple natural shampoo recipes for dandruff and dry scalp. You can try anyone of them to get rid of dandruff and dry scalp. However, it is better to avoid dandruff by taking right care of hair than trying to cure it.
Along with natural shampoo, you can also use other home remedies for dry scalp.
Some natural remedies for dry Scalp and dandruff:
- Milk and Honey:
- Milk and Honey is one of the best itchy dry scalp remedies. Milk contains vitamin D which has a soothing effect on the scalp condition and it also brings improvement in the overall hair health. For the skin and hair, honey is a natural moisturizer. By combining half a cup of milk and one-fourth cup of honey, prepare the mixture. For better results on dry itchy scalp, you can also add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Massage this mixture well on the scalp and leave it untouched for about 2 hours. Then, wash off with a mild shampoo. The ingredients will acquire deep into the itchy scalp and supply relief from dryness. Also, you can use it before shampooing as long as you have the problem of dry scalp.
- Massage with Oils:
- In improving the condition of dry scalp remedies, massaging helps a lot. It encourages circulation of blood and activates the sebaceous glands which in turn facilitate discharge of scalp oil. You can massage the scalp with hair oil made of one ounce of almond oil and 3 drops each of vitamin B oil, vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil to achieve better results. Each of these ingredients has an outstanding effect on the scalp. For the purpose of head massage, a mixture of olive oil and almond oil can also be used. They have hydrating effect on the scalp and make it soft. This oil cures the dry scalp and also prevents any fugal or bacterial infection of the scalp.
- Use of Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar is best for extremely dry scalp because it can cleanse up the residue formed as a result of severe dry scalp.
An excellent result can be given by dry scalp home remedies that are discussed here. Rinse your hair with a natural shampoo that does not have any harsh chemicals like sulfates. These chemicals hinder the pores of the skin which in turn reduces the production of sebum by the glands. So, read the label of the products before purchasing them. Also, you should use natural conditioners like yogurt or diluted form of white vinegar after shampooing for proper conditioning of the hair.