Independence Day celebrates the birthday of the United States of America every year as it was founded on July 4, 1776. America is celebrating 233rd birthday this year 2009. Enjoy this coming Independence Day by making new food and by eating it with your family. Some recipes for 4th July celebrations are as follows.
1. Strawberry Angel Food Dessert: It is very easy to prepare strawberry food dessert and it takes just 15 minutes time to prepare, so it saves your time also.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 quart fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whip topping
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream softened cheese
- Crush the cake into a 9×13 inch dish.
- Take a medium bowl and mi cheese and sugar till it becomes light and feathery then fold it in whipped topping. Pulp the cake down with your hands and spread the cream of mixture of cheese and sugar over the cake.
- Take other bowl and mix the strawberries and glaze till strawberries are equally layered then spread over cream cheese layer. Keep in frozen till serving.
2. Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe: It requires very few ingredients including red, blue and white sprinkles. It looks very delicious and it will liked by small children by looking it. It takes only 20 minutes to prepare and then it should be kept in frozen.
- 4 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 squares (1 ounce ) semisweet chopped chocolate
- Line a baking sheet after burning it with waxed paper and keep it aside.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a microwave or heavy pan mix it till it becomes very smooth and soft.
- Quickly dip ice cream sandwiches in melted chocolate with sparkles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet then keep it in freeze.
3. Ice Cream Cake: This eye catching ice cream dessert cake is very easy to prepare and it can be kept in the freezer for many days. It gives the taste of ice cream as well as cake. To see the recipe of it click here.
4. Chocolate covered strawberries: It gives both the taste of chocolate as well as strawberry. Try dark chocolate covered with strawberries and coconut. You can also prepare chocolate melting wafers and make candy. To see the recipe of it click here.
5. Red, white and Blue Lemonade Bundt cake: It is a moist Bundt cake made with America’s favorite summertime cocktail. To see the recipe of it click here.
6. Ice cream sandwich cake recipe: This ice cream sandwich cake is marvelous by preparing it on Father’s Day, Memorial Dessert day, Independence Day or any summer picnic or party. To see the recipe of it click here.
7. Star spangled Dessert: This recipe is easiest than all other recipe as it can be prepared within very little time and requires only four things. To see the recipe of it click here.
8. Lady Liberty Cup Cakes: You can make this cup cakes in any color you wishes to make it red, yellow, etc. To see the recipe of it click here.
9. Orange Crunch Cake: This cake is made with a citrus flavor and with a crunch layer. To see the recipe of it click here.
10. Stars and stripes forever Dessert Recipe: It serves with a creamy, sugared puff pastry stars, a fresh berry medley and a full-bodied dip makes a festive dessert. To see the recipe of it click here.
11. Strawberry Frozen Yogurt: You can prepare this strawberry yogurt without ice cream maker. The trick is to prepare with unsweetened frozen fruit and rotate it in a food processor with buttermilk or yogurt. To see the recipe of it click here.
12. Pretzel Sparklers: This treat is simple to prepare for kids. You can use different candy sprinkles as per your wish. To see the recipe of it click here.
13. Key Lime Pie X: It is delicious and made with less fat. It is the traditional Floridian pie. To see the recipe of it click here.
14. Watermelon Yogurt Ice: It can be made with the ice cream maker. It is favorite of all specially in summer season. To see the recipe of it click here.
15. Watermelon Sorbet: It is a sweet flavor from water melon juice. It leaves behind the seeds and rinds. To see the recipe of it click here.