In everyone’s life, water is so precious substance; without water no one can live. So, 22nd March is celebrated as “World Water Day” after the United Nations General Assembly announcement in the year 1993. World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March every year.
In Nairobi, Kenya events will be held with the slogan “Clean Water for a Healthy World” and also with theme on “Water Quality”. Other countries like India, and US are also going to celebrate World Water Day.
To celebrate this event, a large number of scientists, policy makers and biggest personalities will take part to discuss about the quality of water over the world. In the year 2003, UN also selected messages, slogans, themes and more for World Water Day.
The official website of the World Water Day for the year 2010 is www.worldwaterday2010.info. In Kolakkudipatti village India, more than 21000 women will meet to celebrate World Water Day on March 22. To know the importance of water, a large number of people from different countries will celebrate this day. In village, for improvement of water quality rally is organized.
In Washington DC, there are various events planned to celebrate World Water Day on March 22 and 23. Over the world, approximately one billion people cannot drink clean water and 2.5 million still do not have sanitation.
Water is very important substance in everyone’s life. In Human body, water plays a vital role and human body can not work without water. Whole human body depends on water. So, many of you can save the water by various way and also celebrate the World Water Day on March 22.
In developing countries, every year 1.8 million people die because of diarrheal diseases, in which 90% are children. Due to quality of water, these diseases are arises mostly in villages. Better quality of water can reduce the disease like malaria, diarrheal and more. Every one can participate in events and celebrate the World Water Day on March 22.
By saving water, you can save the lives of thousands people. Water is very important substance for human as well as for animals. For every thing like gardening, growing food, and in daily life, water is essential element. So, every one can celebrate the World Water Day and give messages to others. By this way, you can save the water which is too necessary substance.
Here are some tips for saving water:
- Don’t let water run while shaving or washing your face. Brush your teeth first while waiting for water to get hot, then wash or shave after filling the basin.
- Check that your home is leak-free, because many homes have hidden water leaks. Read your water meter before and after a two-hour period when no water is being used. If the meter does not read exactly the same, there is a leak.
- Never install a water-to-air heat pump or air-conditioning system. Air-to-air models are just as efficient and do not waste water.
- Washing fruits and vegetables in a pan of water rather than under the running tap will definitely make for quite a bit of saving.
- Try taking shorter showers instead of lazing around in the bath, also when soaping up do turn off the shower.
- When buying a new clothes washer, consider purchasing a water-saving model. Water saved: up to 40 gallons per load.