Wouldn’t it be great if you could control your PC from a remote location and perform operations on it as Shutdown, restart, taking screen-shots and so on, in situations when you don’t have access to the device, may be on a vacation? This is exactly what sRemote has to offer you. The app is awesome in its utility and is definitely worth a try for all users. Read on for a detailed review.
The application sRemote will work based on the sending of various commands in an email subject field. The app will constantly monitor your Gmail account which you will specify to the app, and then on receiving of commands to be executed on the PC, applies all the actions on the PC.
To use the app, you need to configure the app initially, after which the usage of the app becomes a piece of cake. The steps on how to use the sRemote app are shown below.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- Enter a master password which you need to remember and will be used to verify the actual user of the PC where you are going to execute the user commands.
- Click on Proceed button to go to the main interface of the app.
- Firstly, click on Gmail Settings at the bottom left of your screen to configure your Gmail accounts.
- Enter email Ids, one will be the ID which will be monitored for execution of commands, and the other will be the recipient Gmail account to indicate the success or failure of the command execution.
- There is provision to enter the same Gmail account in both the fields.
- Provide the password for the monitored account and click on the Save button.
- Click Start Monitoring button to start monitoring the account and leave the app running.
- Some of the supported commands include shutdown(), screenshot(), logoff(), restart(), abort(), play(path). All the commands are listed on the product page.
The tool is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. Thus, having said the benefits of using this app, go ahead and download the app now from the download link shown below.
Download Link: sRemote