Sometimes we get such important information in our mail that it becomes important for us to save it in the form of a document, however there is no popular method of doing that simply and probably cut paste and copy paste are the needed most of the time. IN some cases these tools may result in loss of indentation and sometimes even in the loss of information. So today we are going to discuss about a very interesting way to store your important emails as documents in Google docs as docs and PDF’s to keep them intact.
This is a hidden feature in your Gmail toolbox and hence you would need to have a valid email account where you can receive the mail and create a document out of it. The following are some of the simple steps that you need to follow to save your email as a Google document. This is how it goes:
1. Log into your Gmail account by entering the correct credentials
2. Go to the gear tab at the top right corner
3. From the drop down menu select the settings option.
4. In the opened window navigate to the LABS tab somewhere towards the end of the pane.
5. In the opened tab look for ‘Create a Document’ option and click enable radio button next to it
6. In the extreme bottom right click on the save changes button to save your option.
Now the ‘create a document’ option has been added to the more option in your Gmail message pane you can go to the same and select that option to create a document for yourself from your mail.
Here are the step by step description of how to save your mail as a Google doc after enabling that option
1. Go to the more option in the message panel and select ‘Create a document’.
2. A new tab opens in Google Docs.
3. From here you can edit, save, and export as a PDF or some other file format easily.
This feature in the Google labs has been developed by Jeremie LE & David K and this one goes out to thank them especially for this amazing feature. SO there it is guys this is all about it This feature is incredibly handy for tackling invites, e-mailed schedules, and all sorts of other problems that cutting and pasting just can’t solve. So do give it a shot and let us know if you find any issues.