Millions of people use Facebook as a business tool or just to stay updated and connected with friends. Facebook always add new features to make it easier for page administrators to update the page and to improve the performance of their page. In 2012, Facebook launched a new feature called “Scheduling” for Page administrators. This scheduling tool allows Page administrators to prepare a post and schedule it to appear later directly from Facebook without the use of third-party app like HootSuite. Here is a step by step guide on how to schedule a post for a later date from the status update box.
Scheduling is very helpful feature for administrators who have big and busy Fan pages. They can schedule post ahead and make sure that they go live at times when their fans are most likely to be on Facebook. They can even enter status updates of whole week at once and schedule them to be posted all through the week. The feature is not available for individual users.
Page administrators can schedule a post for both, in the past and up to 6 months in the future. The post can be scheduled in intervals of 10 minutes so if you want your post to go live specifically at 2:15 pm, you cannot set it. Users can schedule links, images, YouTube videos, tags to other pages & events and status updates. They can also add language and location similar to regular posts. They cannot schedule Facebook Questions or share a post from another Page. iIphone and Smartphone users can use this feature from Pages Manager App.
Step by Step Guide to Schedule a Post on Facebook to appear later
1. Log in to your Facebook account and visit your Facebook Page.
2. Select the type of post you like to make on your Page: Status update or Photo/Video and enter the content (text, photo /video or a link) you want to publish.
3. Then, hit the clock icon located in the lower left corner of your status update box. The scheduling menu will appear.
4. Now, add the future year, month, day and time when you would like the post to appear. If you select a date in the past, the post will appear straight away at the proper place on your Page’s timeline
5. Finally press the “Schedule” button.
6. A pop-up window will appear to confirm the date and time of the scheduled post.
Find and Edit Your Scheduled Posts
You can see the scheduled posts in your activity log. You can even make changes to them. You can change the time & text of your post or cancel it. To go to activity log, press hit the Edit Page link located at the top of your Timeline and select Use Activity Log.
Video of How to Schedule Post on Facebook for a later date from youtube: