The Galaxy S3 has become the most successful Android product that Samsung has gifted to the world. Since the launch of Galaxy S3 on 29th of May 2012, millions of Galaxy S3 phone have already been sold out. The apparent reason for this grand success is the set of powerful, smart and innovative features that galaxy S3 offers for its users. One such feature is called the S Beam feature that enables the users to share any files, songs, pictures, videos, contacts, browser data, documents, and lots more instantly with other Galaxy S3 devices. This new technology uses NFC for setting up a connection and then it make use of Wi-Fi Direct to transfer the file. The transfer speed with S Beam is really fast, in fact it is about 12.5 times faster than the usual Bluetooth technology.
Image Source: blogbuster.in
S Beam feature works only for S3 which means you can transfer the files only from S3 to S3 and not to any other Android handsets. For sharing of content with other phones like HTC One X, Galaxy Nexus Prime, and more, you can make use of Android Beam feature. Transferring of files between two phones has never been so easy and simple. Just go to the file that you want to share and hold your phone against the back of the other S Beam-capable device. Your device will ask you to ‘tap to beam’. Just tap the content and that’s it. The process of transfer will begin. As the transfer takes place using the Wi-Fi Direct, the Galaxy S3 can achieve a transfer speed of up to 300Mbps which is quite impressive. Now, have a look on the steps given below to know exactly what to do in order to transfer the files.
How to turn S Beam on?
- Swipe your finger on the screen of the device from top to bottom and select ‘Settings’, ‘More Settings’, and then ‘NFC’. This step will activate the NFC feature on your device.
- Next step is to turn on the Wi-Fi Direct feature. For this, select ‘Settings’, ‘More Settings’, and ‘Wi-Fi Direct’. Now drag the Wi-Fi Direct switch to the right side.
- In the same way, turn on the ‘S Beam’ by going to ‘Settings’, ‘More Settings’, and ‘S Beam’ and then touch the S Beam switch to the right side to activate the feature.
- Follow the above mentioned steps for the device with which you want to share the content.
How to share the content with the S Beam feature?
- Open or play any file that you want to share.
- Hold the back of your device against the back of the other device.
- The screen of your device will display ‘Touch to Beam’. Touch the file on the screen and the beaming process will begin automatically.
- Both the devices will build a Wi-Fi Direct connection and the content will get transferred from your device to other device.
- As soon as the transfer is completed, the shared content will be shown on the screen of the receiving device.
How to share multiple files with S Beam?
S Beam feature also enable the users to share multiple files at a time. Suppose, you want to share multiple pictures from your gallery then follow the steps given below.
- After turning on NFC, Wi-Fi direct, and S Beam feature, go to the ‘Gallery’ app and open the particular album that contains the images you want to share with other device.
- Select the ‘Menu’ key and then ‘Select Item’ option. Now touch each of the pictures that you want to select. All selected pictures will appear with a blue colored border.
- Once you select all the pictures, hold and touch both the devices together back to back.
- The screen of your device will show ‘Touch to Beam’ message. Now simply tap the content on your screen to start the beaming process.
- With the help of the Wi-Fi Direct connection, the content will get transferred from your device to other device.
- After the completion of transfer, the shared content will be shown on the receiving device’s screen.
How To Share files using S Beam video from youtube: