As alternative of the much admired Apple iPad, HP unveiled its first stylist, eye catching and slim WebOS powered TouchPad on Wednesday, February 9. HP TouchPad is expected to arrive in the market during March 2011. It is packed with the 9.7-inches screen display in black outer design that makes more prominence and clarity of your workspace.
Image source: www.crunchgear.com
When the people will see HP TouchPad first time surely they will compare it with Apple iPad, because of its overwhelming design and size. The HP TouchPad is integrated with Web Operating System. The notification will be seen as an icon beneath the upper right part of display, so users can use the sorted notifications by touching the icon.
Its large workspace screen and breakthrough interface features are presented in the simple way to get extraordinary working experience with it. The users can also see their photos from Facebook, Snapfish, and Photobucket. And also get the print of photos without plug in cables, wires, or connectors through compatible networked HP printers.
The 9.7-inch XGA capacitive display has 18-bit color depth. The HP WebOS slate is featured with WebOS version 3.0 and 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor. It has 1024×768 resolution, 9.7 inch sized display with two internal memory storage alternatives: 16GB and 32GB. It has Adobe Flash Player 10.2 beta supported Web browser also.
A front facing 1.3 megapixel camera is equipped in this TouchPad which has video calling feature. Through its Beats Audio technology, the developers have tried to redefine the digital music. As additional features, you will find a lot of applications and games available for WebOS, 3.5mm Audio jack, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, Accelerometer, Compass, Light Sensor, Gyro in this TouchPad. The slate gadget is bundled in a 242x190x13.7mm chassis and weighs about 740gms. It has 6300 mAh rechargeable battery.
As best features, it has wireless charging facilities so you will be free from the plug in problem. Through HP Touchstone, you can charge your HP TouchPad without wire, just put your HP device on dock and it gets charge automatically. For keeping it safe, the lightweight cases are also available with this TouchPad.
The upcoming tablet will come in three versions including TouchPad Wi-Fi, TouchPad Wi-Fi+3G and TouchPad Wi-Fi+LTE. Up till now the TouchPad’s price is not officially declared. But the company has planned to launch their newest and first TouchPad in the US market in summer 2011.
Specifications of HP TouchPad
- Operating system: HP webOS
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz
- Display: 9.7-inch XGA multi-touch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color
- Resolution: 1024×768 pixels
- Width: 9.45 inches (240mm)
- Height: 7.48 inches (190mm)
- Thickness: 0.54 inches (13.7mm)
- Weight: Approximately 740 grams (1.6 pounds)
- Keyboard: Virtual keyboard
- Color: Black
- Alternative internal Memory: 16GB or 32GB
- Digital camera: 1.3-megapixel front-facing webcam for live video calling
- Sensors: Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer), and gyroscope
- Email: Microsoft Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology, POP3/IMAP (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc.)
- Messaging: Integrated IM and SMS
- GPS: A-GPS (3G models only)
- Media formats supported:
- Audio formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
- Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication; Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
- Connector: Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Speakers: Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio™
- Headphone jack: 3.5mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Battery: Rechargeable 6300 mAh (typical) battery
HP webOS Think Beyond Event (February 9th, 2011) video from youtube: