LG has taken the step in development of the 4G technology by introducing its first 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) smartphone, LG Revolution, at the CES 2011 in Las Vegas with attractive features and specifications. LG Revolution is powerful upcoming phone in the line up of 4G LTE phone with Verizon’s network after the introduction of Samsung Droid Charge and HTC ThunderBolt. Details about specifications, features and price are mentioned here that may inspire you to purchase this smartphone.
LG Revolution has been designed by LG to give best facilities more than the users’ expectation. May be the entry of LG revolution will make the competition more intense as the several 4G LTE Smartphone have been already introduced. It has 4.3-inch captive touch screen that is enough to watch movie and playing games. Its creative technology offers seamless connectivity that supports HD video streaming, playing games and recording without any barriers.
It runs on Android 2.2 Froyo operating system and gets power from 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon processor. It has 1.3 megapixel front facing camera and 5 megapixel auto-focused camera with LED flash, Geo tagging and Autofocus that helps to capture your memorable moments with better quality. This smartphone will support CDMA technology.
You can store your favorite videos and music in 16GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 32GB using microSD card. You can share data network through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. Wireless Charging is supported by using Charging Battery Door Pad in this phone. It has 1500mAh battery that can be charged in less than 4 hours. Connectivity features contain EDGE, GPRS, Wi-Fi, bluetooth V3.0 With A2DP.
Java application is possible through Java MIDP emulator and it supports Predictive text input, Document viewer, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, Voice memo/dial/commands, HDMI port, Social networking integration, Organizer, Digital compass, etc. It supports Twitter, Facebook and Picasa apps. 4G LTE network permits to make your own videos with 720p video capture. Users can also download video from Youtube and watch it on HD TV with the help of DLNA capabilities or directly attach to your TV using HDMI port.
The release date of this phone has not been announced. It is assumed that it will hit the market on May 25. The company has also not made any price announcement but it is anticipated that it will cost around $249.
Specifications of LG Revolution:
- Type: LCD Capacitive Touch Screen
- Colors & Resolution: 16Million Colors & 480 x 800 Pixels
- Size: 4.3 inches
- H x W x D: 5.03 x 2.63 x 0.52 inches
- Weight: 171 grams or 6.06 oz
- 2G: CDMA 800, 1900 MHz
- 3G: CDMA 2000 1xEV-DO, LTE 700 MHz (4G)
- Still: 5 Megapixels, 2592 × 1944 pixels, LED Flash, Auto focus, Exposure control, Macro mode, White balance and Geo-tagging
- Video Recording: 720p HD video recording capable, 1280×720 pixels
- Secondary: 1.3 Megapixels
- Operating System: Android 2.2 Froyo (or 2.3 Gingerbread)
- CPU: Qualcomm 1 GHz Processor, 3D Graphics Accelerator
Browser & Messaging
- HTML, MMS, SMS, IM, Email, RSS, Thredview
Video & Audio
- Video Formats: DivX, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MPEG4
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
- Internal Memory: 16GB internal memory
- Expandable Memory: microSD card slot for expansion up to 32GB
- Type: Li-Ion Standard Battery
- Stand-by Time: Up to 335 Hours
- Talk-Time: Up to 435 Minutes
- Bluetooth, USB, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G, GPS,
- Rock Band, Lets Golf 2
- Digital Compass
- Micro-HDMI Connector
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Android Market, G-mail, Google Maps, G-Talk
- 4G Mobile Hotspot, Simultaneous voice and data in 4G
- Adobe 10.1 Flash compatibility
- Pre-Loaded Netflix App
- V CAST Apps, Blockbuster App, Amazon Kindle Reader
LG Revolution video from youtube: