Recently Google surprised the people by purchasing the Motorola for US $12.5 billion. On the same day, another surprise was given by Motorola itself by introducing its new Android-based Defy+ rugged smartphone. The Motorola defy+ is the successor of its rugged smartphone named the Defy, which has been already used by the people in past. It seems that the new version of the device, Defy+ will be launched in Germany with a retail price of €269 during the 3rd week of September. The dubbed Defy+ will be hitting stores in Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America in the early fall.
The latest “life proof” smartphone, Motorola Defy+ is designed to resist damage from not only water but also from scratches and dust, conforming to IP67 standards. Defy+ sports a 1GHz processor that runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The phone is equipped with 3.7-inch touchscreen display that built with Corning Gorilla Glass, which is akin to the first Defy. It is exactly in line with what people had been anticipating, a beefed-up TI OMAP 3610 processor that clocked at 800MHz to a TI OMAP 3620 with the 25 percent faster speed of 1GHz.
The handset is packed with 512MB of RAM and 2GB of on-board memory, together with a microSD card slot that support up to 32GB. The back of the handset has a 5-megapixel camera with digital zoom, a LED flash and Auto focus, for assisting low-light photograph. Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, a 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio with RDS are the other key features of the Motorola Defy+. The phone also comes with preloaded usual array of sensors.
The display of the Motorola Defy+ has the same screen resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. It is powered by Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, along with the new version of Motorola’s MOTOBLUR interface. Motorola claims that the DEFY+ has improved battery life over its forerunner because it comes with a 1700mAh battery that offers 7.1 hours of talk time or 16 days of standby time.
Key features : Motorola Defy+
- Android GingerBread OS
- Rugged Smartphone (Water/Dust/Scratch resistant)
- Powerful processor for fast Web browsing and multitasking
- Large 3.7-inch display with high resolution
- MOTOBLUR – Quick social networking
- High speed connectivity (3G, WiFi)
Specifications : Motorola Defy+
- Weight – 118 gm
- Dimensions – 107 x 59 x 13.4 mm
- Network – Quad band GSM, UMTS
- Processor – 1GHz
- Operating System – Android OS v2.3 (GingerBread)
- Display – 3.7-inch capacitive multi-touch with 480 x 854 pixels resolution and scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Camera – 5 mega-pixel with auto focus and flash
- Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 2GB internal, expandable up to 32GB (comes with 2GB microSD card)
- Sensor – Accelerometer, digital Compass
- Multi-format music and video player
- IP67 certified
- A-GPS with Google Maps 5.0 with Navigation
- Adobe Flash 10-enabled web browser for a rich web experience
- Connectivity – Wireless LAN, Wi-Fi, 3G HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps, Bluetooth, miroUSB, DLNA, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery – 1700mAH
- Talk time – up to 7.1 hours
- Standby time – up to 16 days