Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 will be revealed at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2011 that will start on the 13th of February in Barcelona. The Samsung Galaxy SL runs the Android 2.2 aka Froyo operating system. A 1GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor and a 1650 mAh battery are featured in the Samsung Galaxy SL i9003. Weight of Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is 131 grams and it does not include a Super AMOLED display but instead, the device comes with a 4-inch (800 x 480) S-LCD capacitive touchscreen.
Image source: www.gsmarena.com
16 million colors and a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels are displayed by Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen of Samsung Galaxy SL smartphone. The 4 inch Super AMOLED display had been used by the company for its i9000. Samsung’s latest Galaxy will also be available with 16GB of built-in storage, a microSD slot, 650MB of RAM (512MB of the Galaxy S), 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, an USB port, A-GPS, a 1650mAh battery (1500 mAh on the S) and a 5 megapixel camera auto focus with face, smile and blink detection that can record 720p video at 30 frames per second.
According to Engadget, the Galaxy SL GT-i9003 will exchange the Samsung Hummingbird processor for a 1GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor and will contain a bigger battery. Galaxy SL contains a digital compass, accelerometer and a proximity sensor. It supports FM radio with RDS and Android Flash 10.1. It also contains a file manager, document editor and Samsung’s Touch Wiz user interface.
The OMAP uses the powerVR GPU of SGX530 and the Hummingbird processor uses the powerVR GPU SGX540 this is only major difference between both of them. Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is expected to be sold in specific regions such as Middle East or Asia although there is at least one sighting of the handset in Germany. It is expected that Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 will possibly replace the Galaxy S in other parts of the world.
Key features of Samsung Galaxy SL i9003:
- Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
- 4″ 16M-color Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution
- Slim 10.9mm profile
- 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU, PowerVR SGX530 GPU, TI OMAP 3630 chipset; 478MB of RAM available to the user
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- 5 MP autofocus camera with face, smile and blink detection
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g and n support
- 16GB internal storage, microSD slot
- FM radio with RDS
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Secondary video-call camera
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Android OS v2.2 (Froyo) with TouchWiz UI customization
- Samsung Apps brings a few nice apps for free
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support for the web browser
- Document editor
- File manager comes pre-installed
- Battery has increased capacity (1650 mAh) over the original Galaxy S (1500 mAh)