Ultra HD…UHD…4K – all these are same and offer high resolution display. 4K is the latest trend in display tech that offers 3840×2160 (8.3 million) pixels resolution. The latest ultra HD 4K concept has been already used by many big brands in their TV products and launched 55-inch and 65-inch 4K Ultra HD LED TVs. However, big display screen is not enough to enjoy crystal clear display, so you need media player capable of playing 4K media to take the complete advantage of TV’s beautiful display. Sony FMP-X1 4K Media Player is really good choice for you that is launched in January at Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Unfortunately, only the users of Sony 55X900A and 65X900A 4K Ultra HD TVs can take the advantage of Sony FMP-X1 4K Media Player, because it is compatible with these devices only, so any other brand users can’t use it.
Image source: mashable.com
The Sony FMP-X1 arrives with 10 in-built 4K resolution feature films and a range of short 4K videos, which present Immersive experience and fine detail that only 4K can deliver. It provides well-known and fairly decent Hollywood movies like Bad teacher, The Other Guys, Total Recall 2012, The Amazing Spiderman, The Karate Kid, Battle: Los Angeles, That’s My Boy, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Salt and Taxi Driver. By connecting FMP-X1 4K Media Player to Sony 4K Ultra HD TV, users can get experience of most immersive, highest resolution home entertainment.
Each pre-loaded movie is available at the cost of $29.99 to buy and $7.99 to rent, so the value of FMP-X1 is pretty high. The main drawback of the pre-loaded movies is that each movie requires around 100GB of hard drive space, so it is impossible to store more movies on media player.
It is really good choice for those users who want to enjoy movies with high resolution and good quality. Now you can order Sony FMP-X1 4K from the official website of Sony. If you order as early as possible, then you can get the benefit of free shipping.
FMP-X1 4K Ultra HD Media Player comes with 2TB hard drive in-built storage capacity, so you can store huge number of your 4K favorites in it. Additionally, you can add more space for movies by using external drives. It includes 2 different HDMI outputs, 1 SD card slot, 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 inputs for digital photo viewing. Video output of media player is 3840 x 2160 (2160p) and compression resolution is both 24p and 30p. It is really great media player to take the full advantage of Sony 4K XBR television capabilities.
Sony is planning to launch first video service called Video Unlimited 4K for 4K content by the end of year to give ability to access updated library of 4K movies and TV shows right in your living room.
Specifications of Sony FMP-X1 4K Media Player
- Push Download Contents: Yes
- HDD Capacity: 2TB
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 29W
- Power Requirements (Frequency): 50/60Hz
- Power Requirements (Voltage): AC 100 – 240V
Weights and Measurements:
- Dimensions (Approx.): 9.8 x 2.1 x 9.8 in (250 x 54 x 250 mm)
- Packaging (Approx.): Carton weight: 7.3 lbs (3.3 kg) Carton dimensions: 15.6 x 5.7 x 12.3 in (396 x 146 x 326 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 4.84 lbs (2.2 kg)
Inputs and Outputs:
- Ethernet: 1 (Gigabit)
- HDMI™ Audio Output(s): 1 (Rear)
- HDMI™ Video Audio Output(s): 1 (Rear)
- SD Card Slot: 1 (Front)
- USB 2.0: 1 (Rear) (for External HDD)
- USB 3.0: 1 (Front)
- Video Compression Resolution: 3840 x 2160/30p; 3840 x 2160/24p
- Video Signal Output (Receiver): 2160p (3840×2160)
- Hollywood hits in 4K Ultra HD only from Sony
- 10 pre-loaded bonus feature films and short films
- Push download contents
- Store many movies
- Only compatible with Sony 55X900A and 65X900A 4K Ultra HD TVs
- Available only in US
- Pre-loaded movies set with price tag
Get idea of Sony FMP-X1 4K media player through Youtube video: