Recently, a new 3D Smartphone from Sprint named as HTC EVO 3D has been announced at the CTIA 2011 event in Orlando, FL. This new device is the latest in HTC’s line-up of EVO Smartphones that can record 3D videos in 720p and seems thinner compared to the LG Optimus 3D. Android experience is being continued by the handset that you could see in previous members of the Evo family; however it adds a 3D camera and Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Read on to know the review, key features and technical specs of Sprint’s new 3D phone HTC EVO.
Now you can shoot, play back and share your own 3D images and videos exclusive of 3D glasses and all at 4G speed with unlimited 4G data on HTC EVO that comes in this summer. The HTC EVO 3D will come with a stunning 4.3-inch QHD display with a resolution of 960 x 450 pixels and its shape and size is very akin to the original Evo. It will include dual 5 megapixel cameras with a flash to shoot 3D video, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, a 1.2 GH dual core Qualcomm 8660 processor and 1 GB RAM.
The handset has a brawny feel and the touch screen is superbly bright and responsive. The dazzling 4.3-inch QHD display will provide you crisp websites, vivid images and extremely fluid videos. In addition to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, it runs HTC’s Sense UI, Leap (view all seven home screens by pinching your fingers), and Friend Stream (social media updates), and powered by a 1730 mAH battery and HDMI out that can output 1080p HD videos and 720p 3D HD videos. Also there will be a Blockbuster 3D on demand app plus YouTube 3D.
Review & Specs of Sprint’s New 3D Phone HTC EVO
Solid and Gorgeous Design:
The EVO 3D comes in black color with blood-red detailing that gives striking look to the phone. This device has the same color scheme to keep it in the family. This phone has a fine, textured rubber backing that feels truly good.
New Sense Lock Screen:
The newest version of the Sense user interface that has a brand-new customizable lock screen is equipped in EVO 3D. Choose a theme for your lock screen which the phone provides. Afterwards pick four apps that you visit the majority. Check out these four apps at the bottom of the screen while you turn on your phone. Drag the circle and move it over an app to unlock the screen; now you can jump directly to that app. By this method, you don’t have to go through several menus to attain your e-mail or any other items you access often.
Dual-Core and 4G Inside:
With dual-core speeds of up to 1.2GHz, the EVO 3D is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which supports superior 3D technology, together with full 1080p 30-frames-per-second HD video and stereoscopic-3D video capture and playback. The EVO even sports Sprint’s 4G data speeds, and it comes with a 4G mobile hotspot for around eight devices.
Big 4.3-Inch Touch Screen:
Samsung Galaxy S is one another Android phone which has a screen that comes close. Earlier with the HTC HD2 the company had tried the 4.3-inch format; however that handset loses points for running the soon-to-be obsolete Windows Mobile 6.5. On the EVO, Sprints assure of downloading, watching and editing high definition content that makes the big screen even more attractive.
Two 5 megapixel Cameras:
There are dual 5-megapixel rear-facing cameras included in this smartphone for photos and “HD-capable” video capture. Apparently for video chat and self portraits, there is also a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. The front facing camera lets you to wirelessly video chat with friends and family everyplace when you feel like sharing for real.
Regardless of varied feelings concerning 3D by few, there is somewhat fairly satisfying on capturing 3D images or videos and then being able to observe them on the similar device. With the help of the phone’s HDMI-out jack, you can also see them on any 3D TV. MHL is the technology used by the HDMI jack. Through MHL, you can do both charging and HDMI-out using the same port.
“Leap” to Multitask:
HTC layers its Sense user interface on top of Android as you had estimated, as well as it comprises new feature called “Leap.” It is a multitasking manager that works by pinching anywhere on the phone’s home screen and then revealing diverse thumbnails of pages you have opened.
A dazzling 4.3-inch QHD display dominates the front real estate and it does not need 3D glasses. 4.3-inch 3D display with -by-540-pixel screen seems remarkable in 2D while appealing in 3D also. However, you require maintaining an absolute dead-on viewing angle to accurately value the third dimension.
HTC EVO 3D phone full specifications:
- 126mm x 65mm x 12.05mm (4.96″ x 2.56″ x 0.47″)
- 170 grams (6.0 ounces) with battery
- 4.3-inch 3D touch screen
- 109 mm (4.3″)
- 540 x 960 QHD resolution
CPU Processing Speed
- 1.2 GHz, dual core
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection
- Gyro sensor
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Internal phone storage: 1 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Expansion slot:
- microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
Power & Battery
- Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 1730 mAh
- Talk time:
- WCDMA: Up to 450 minutes
- Standby time:
- WCDMA: Up to 355 hours
- Gallery, Music, and FM Radio
- SRS virtual surround sound for wired headphone
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to your TV or computer
Audio supported formats:
- Playback:.aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
Video supported formats:
- Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Dual 5 megapixel color camera:
- Capture 2D photos with up to 5 megapixel resolution
- Capture 3D photos with up to 2 megapixel resolution
- Auto focus and dual power LED flash
- 1.3 megapixel fixed focus color camera
HD video recording:
- Record 2D/3D videos with up to 720p resolution
- Up to 14.4 Mbps download speed
- Up to 5.76 Mbps upload speed
- Up to 114 kbps downloading
- Up to 560 kbps downloading
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0 with with Enhanced Data Rate
- A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- FTP and OPP (object push) for file transfer
- PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
- Other supported profiles: AVRCP, GAP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, SPP, SDAP
- Facebook® and Twitter™ for HTC Sense
- Friend Stream
- Share photos/videos on Facebook®, Flickr®, Twitter™, or YouTube™
- Internal GPS antenna
- With Locations, explore maps with zero wait, zero dead spots, and zero data roaming fees
- Android™ with HTC Sense™
- USB and Wi-Fi® tethering
Recommended Windows System Requirements
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows® XP
- HTC Sync