Just last week, Google has launched an informative Chrome browser extension and an improved search feature. And now, the internet tycoon Google surprised the people by introducing Google Catalogs, a free app for iPad and tablet devices by which users can browse all of their favorite catalogs from brand name stores and act together with new layers of rich-media content to get an interactive shopping experience.
Day by day, mobile technologies are emerging more and more, which can make the catalog shopping more creative, social and engaging. So, Google has made this move possible to allow people to surf for digital versions of catalogs, including categories such as spanning fashion and apparel, jewelry, gifts, kids, home and beauty. The first version of the app is primarily targeted on the female shoppers. However, Google is planning to enlarge its partnerships and comprise a wider variety of catalogs.
To bring the catalogue app to users, Google has collaborated with a range of top brands such as Anthropologie, Bergdorf Goodman, Bare Escentuals, Crate and Barrel, Lands’ End, L.L. Bean, Macy’s and Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Barn Fifth Avenue, Saks Pottery, Sundance, Sephora, Tea Collection, Williams-Sonoma and Urban Outfitters.
Google Catalogs is a free browsing application that enables consumers to locate products in nearby stores, to work together with product images and videos, to share products or collages with friends, to save possible purchases in a collage, to get updates when new catalogs arrive, and to search over multiple catalogs.
At present, the Google Catalog app is only available for Apple’s iPad in the iTunes App Store but Goggle has plans to release an Android version app soon. When new issues are accessible, catalogs can be flagged for push notifications. With the Google Catalog app, users can not share their favorite items with others via Twitter and Facebook.
Features of Google Catalogs
- Find products in nearby stores:
- When you watch any eye-catching item, you can instantaneously find it in a store nearest to you or can tap “Buy on Website” to visit the merchant online.
- Share with friends:
- You can share a product or collage to all your shopping partners by emailing them.
- Zoom in for seeing products more clearly, view inspiring videos and photo albums and tap on tags to study more about an item or, in some catalogs.
- Express creativity:
- Users can express their creativity by creating a collage of their favorite catalog pages and products. Users can also check out collages created by others if they require inspiration.
- Find new products and brands:
- To find exactly what you’re in search of, you can search for products within or across multiple catalogs.
- Get instant access to new catalogs:
- Each time when a new issue arrives, you will be notified. As well, you can add catalogs to your Favorites.
Introducing Google Catalogs video from Youtube: