Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a one stop platform which offers multiple services like e-ticketing (online train ticket reservations), tourist trains, railway tour packages, car rentals, and hotels bookings. IRCTC is an initiative by the Indian Railway Ministry. Everyday, over 800,000 railway tickets are booked by its website. Now, IRCTC, a Railways PSU, has decided to expand its services and begun selling air tickets for domestic flights on its website. Selling of air tickets has begun as part of its holiday tour packages to passengers interested in visiting destinations such as Vaishno Devi, Tirupati, Goa, Srinagar, Lakshadweep, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Screenshot of home page of air.irctc.co.in
The aim of selling air line tickets is to help “travelers get all travel-related solutions at a single source”. IRCTC managing director, Rakesh Tandon said, “A traveller planning to go to the hills up North needs to go to separate places to buy rail and airline tickets. He can make the bookings for both rail and airlines at our website. We will set scores for each train and then link them to the incentive scheme to improve quality of catering services.”
The facility of booking tickets for domestic flights has been introduced in the first lot according to an IRCTC official. And the service would be enlarged to foreign destinations after observing the response. A toll free service has also been launched by IRCTC for queries related to air booking, you can call up 1800 3000 9900 available 24 / 7 and for support you can email to [email protected] For air tickets, IRCTC is already an official ticketing partner for Common Wealth Games. Recently IRCTC bagged the catering deal for CWG 2010.
IRCTC has introduced 10% cash back on all air lines on full fare as part of promotion activity and the offer will last till 10-July-2010.
- The cash back amount would be credited to the same account that was used to make the booking.
- The cash back amount would be refunded the next day.
- In case of cancellation of flight the cash back amount would be deducted from the cancellation amount.
Online Flight Ticket Booking at Air.Irctc.co.in
- Visit official website of IRCTC, air.irctc.co.in for online flight ticket booking.
- On the left side of official website, you can found Plan My Travel option.
- First, you have to select either round trip or one way option for ticket booking.
- Then you have to choose place where you have to go and place from where you have to go. Also, enter depart and return both date for ticket booking.
- After that, enter no. of adult, child and infant for ticket booking. Select airline and class by which you want to travel. Then, finally click on search option.
- If tickets are available for your selection then it will be seen by website. Time details and price are also available at this page. Sometimes more than one option will be seen, then choose flight that suitable to you economically as well as by time for travelling. For further procedure click on option proceed.
- Enter your Email Id and your mobile number for further procedure.
- Then, you have to enter your personal information like your name, address, city, identity proof etc.
- If your tickets are confirmed by IRCTC then confirmation message will be sent to you by SMS on your phone or by mail on your Email Id. Also, you will get one IRCTC PNR number. By using this IRCTC PNR number, you can print your air tickets and also you can know your transaction history.