Obtaining a PAN card is a hassle free process if you know the right way; here are the complete details about how to track your PAN card status and how to verify the PAN card online.
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number which is issued by the Income Tax Department in India. Like other proofs, it is also one of the proofs that can be used as an identity proof. It is one compulsory for some of the financial transactions like for tax purpose, purchase and sale of some kind of property up to certain amount of limit. PAN is itself a unique identity of 10-digit alphanumeric code. Even if there is change in your address, then it won’t affect the PAN card as it can be used through out India. To get PAN Card, you need to fill 49A form or 49AA form according to your eligibility; as 49A are for those who is the citizen of India and 49AA form for Individuals not being a citizen of India, LLP, Companies, Firm, Trust, AOP, BOI, formed or registered. PAN card is very common document, which is needed for the certain activites, at the certain places.
With the help of Tin.Nsdl.com, it is very easy to keep an eye on the status of your application and easily track your PAN or TAN application. You can check the status of your PAN application after 24 hours of applying. On behalf of the Indian Income Tax Department, the NSDL has the authority to accept the PAN card application through out the country. 15 days are required for the process of PAN card application; and between that period of time, you can track your application status online. However who can’t get an access to the internet, they can easily make inquiry about their status of application on 020-27218080.
Documents needed for PAN card are proof of identity, proof of address and two stamp size photographs.
How to track Pan Status online?
- Go to website http://tin.tin.nsdl.com.
- First enter the application type.
- Then enter the Acknowledgment Number.
- Then, you have to enter your full name.
- Enter Date of Birth.
- Click on “Submit”. It is very one of the best.
For online verification of the PAN card, you must first get your name registered on the website and after that you can easily verify it.
Following are the steps to get registered your name:
- Visit www.tin-nsdl.com
- There you need to select the option services, which is given on top of the page
- A number of options will appear on the screen, where you have to select registration under the heading “online PAN verification”
- A new page will appear where you again have to confirm for the registration, by clicking on “register”
- A registration form will appear on the screen where you need to enter your entity name, TAN of entity, PAN of entity, category of entity, type of facility, name of authorized person, and designation of authorized.
- After filling the above stated field enter your address1, address2, address 3, address 4, city and pin code, state code, phone number, mobile number, and email address.
- The next details which you have to enter is Digital Signature Certificate details, which includes your Certificate Serial Number, name of DSC Issuing Authority, Class of DSC and name of Certificate Holder.
- After filling the Digital Signature Certificate details, the next comes is the reason for subscribing the facility where you need to give the reason why you want to activate this service.
- The next details comes is payment details, where you have to enter the amount of advance amount, TDS, payment mode, issuing bank, issuing branch, cheque or DD number, date of payment of cheque or DD number.
- After filling all the details with the relevant information, click on “Submit”
Pan Card Verification:
For Pan Verification:
- Go to www.tin-nsdl.com
- On the left hand side under the option Login, you will find an option “PAN Verification”.
- After selecting the option, click on “Submit”
- Now a new screen will open, in which you need to fill your user ID.
- After entering the user ID, click on submit.
Following are the entities that can avail of this facility:
- Government Agencies (Central/State)
- Reserve Bank of India
- Depository Participants
- Mutual Funds
- Companies (Required furnishing Annual Information Return)
- Credit card Companies / Institutions
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information Return
- Stock Exchanges
- Companies and Government deductor (Required to file TDS/TCS return)
- Insurance Company
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies