Pan card applicant can now search for the status of PAN application online at Tin.Nsdl.Com, using name and date of birth 24 hours after the application has been submitted. At NSDL website you can also track and verify your PAN/TAN application status.
NSDL stands for National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL). NSDL works to support the brokers and investors in the capital market of the country. NSDL helps to its investors by reducing risk and costs. The main aim of NSDL is the safety and soundness of Indian marketplaces. NSDL provides many services to its customers.
NSDL accepts PAN applications on behalf of Income Tax Department (since June 2004) through its chain of TIN Facilitation and PAN centers set up across the country. You can also apply for PAN Card by using Internet. PAN Card means Permanent Account Number. Normally 15 days are required to process the application, provided application is found to be in order. The candidate can track the status of their application by using 15 digits Acknowledgment Number after three days of application. Candidate may also call on TIN Call Center (020-27218080) to enquire about the status of application. You can also check status of the PAN application by sending SMS-PAN <your 15 digit acknowledgement number> to 53030.
Entities that can avail of this facility:
- Government Agencies (Central/State)
- Reserve Bank of India
- Depository Participants
- Mutual Funds
- Companies (Required to furnish Annual Information Return)
- Credit card Companies / Institutions
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information Return
- Stock Exchanges
- Companies and Government deductor (Required to file TDS/TCS return)
How to track Pan Status online:
- Open Pan status tracking page from NSDL TIN website http://tin.tin.nsdl.com.
- First enter the application type.
- Then enter the Acknowledgment Number.
- Then you have to enter your full name.
- Enter the Date of Birth.
- Click on “Submit”
To know more about online application of Pan, visit tin.tin.nsdl.com.