No need to stand in long queue to file your tax or make payments…now you just need to login in SARS eFiling service to file your tax return online from anywhere around the world.
Filing a tax with IRS has become easier nowadays. You have different options to file your taxes, but most of the people prefer online method for more convenience and simplicity. People can also file their tax online through IRS approved website that is not only convenient, but also more affordable. You can also save your time by downloading IRS approved software to file a tax return. SARS (South Africa Revenue Services) provides free Electronic filing (eFiling) service for the submission of returns and declarations and payments regarding taxes, duties, etc. It is a secure electronic tax return and submission service, and reduces the risks and hassles of manual tax returns. By registering in SARS eFiling service; tax practitioners, individual taxpayers and businesses can submit tax returns and make payments. No need to stand in long queue for paying tax, as with SARS eFiling you can make it from the comfort of your home or office.
SARS is a tax collecting agency of South African Government, which is an innovative revenue and customs agency that enhance economic growth and social development. It collects and administers all national taxes, duties and levies. It provides protection against the illegal importation and exportation of goods as well as gives advices to the Ministry of Finance on all revenue matters. Throughout the SARS e-filing system, you can submit the information electronically on systems.
With eFiling service, every year millions of individuals or businesses tax returns are submitted. It offers facility to submit different types of tax returns like VAT, PAYE, SDL, UIF, Income Tax, STC and Provisional Tax.
E-Filling Services include:
- Pay-As-You-Earn (EMP201 return)
- Skills Development Levy (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return)
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return) (Note: UIF filing is done separately via www.ufiling.gov.za)
- Value Added Tax (VAT201)
- Personal Income Tax (ITR12)
- Advanced Tax Ruling (ATR)
- Trusts (IT12R)
- Change of Personal Details (IT77/RFC)
- Provisional Tax (IRP6)
- Secondary Tax on Companies (IT56)
- Additional Payments
- Security Transfer Tax (STT)
- Tax Practitioner Registration
- VAT Vendor Search
- Notification Tool
- Request for Tax Clearance Certificate
- Request for Tax Directive
- Transfer Duty
- Customs payments
- Stamp Duty
- Tax Calculators
- Complete history of eFiling usage
- Air Passenger Tax payments
Registration is required to enjoy the full benefits and convenience of eFiling. While registering, it will ask your tax registration number/s, your ID number, and your personal details. As well, you will be asked that for whom you want to use e-filing service either for individuals, tax practitioners, or organizations. Select any one option from three to get started. Once you’ve registered, it will take at least 24 to 48 hours before your returns are issued electronically to the eFiling service.
Benefits of e-filing service:
- Tax returns can be done simply and conveniently on-line
- E-filing is free
- Other benefits include comprehensive VAT and income tax deadlines, ease of payments and faster processing times
- eFiling is paperless, and submissions are instant and reliable
- SARS eFiling provides effective registration, payment and submission of taxes is free and simple
- No more waiting in queues, finding parking or worrying about office hours
- Safe and secure environment
- Up-to-date records and details