The year is coming to an end and hence it is time to recall how things faired in the year that is passing by, the Antivirus that you have installed for your PC might be a good point to start with. Check how your antivirus faired in the last year so that you can decide whether to shift over to a new one in the next year or stick with the one that you have installed already.
Here is a list of the best Antivirus programs for the year 2010, the features that helped them be on the top of the ratings and a comparison table of the same following later.
1. Panda Cloud Antivirus
Panda Cloud Antivirus is one that has been in the minds of many since a long time now. This of course is a cloud based antivirus and hence is pretty lite. It has made significant improvements in its core architecture and hence is at the top of our list today. It is one of the few antivirus applications that include a firewall by default which of course makes Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 perform very well in most areas. However Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 falls behind this year in the anti-phishing and customer service departments I seriously hope they improve on that next year. Here are the main features of the Antivirus that have kept it at the top.
- Denies attacks to the viruses on a wireless network
- The Intrusion prevention feature blocks hacker attacks from an insecure channel
- It comes with an Anti-Phishing Filter and an Anti-Banking Trojans Engine
- It incorporates an advanced information scan that detects greater threat to your identity
- The inbuilt Firewall protects against worms and hacker attacks common to the internet world.
- Every spec of spyware clutter left by on your PC is wiped off
The cost of this antivirus is around $40 and it is easily available over the internet.
2. Kaspersky Antivirus
Though we have kept Kaspersky at a lower level that the cloud based antivirus but most people might not agree with our ratings. However we will have to say that there was a tough competition between the two. Kaspersky Anti-Virus performed extremely well in most of the test conducted by our teams, and there was only one area that needed real attention though there is just one area that we thought required some real work that is the Anti-Phising portion (the same area where even Panda showed vulnerability).When it comes to the real protection of the things Kaspersky has to be your first choice and they continue doing that year after year. Here are the features of the antivirus that has helped them keep a hold on the market.
- Very simple security reports for laymen
- The automatic renewal feature keeps instant messaging safe and sound
- The company even provides free phone, email and chat support
- The antivirus can prevent websites with content that you do not prefer
- Stops viruses, worms, spyware and bots
- Features a much improved software history cleaner
- Automatically download the latest signature for websites that are visited
- Provides some hard core realtime protection for your PC
The antivirus is available for somewhere around $40 but these will the $40 well spent for your PC.
3. Avira Antivirus
Avira is one of the most widely used antivirus programs in the world, with 100 million users worldwide and one of my personal favourite as well . The suite is pretty simple to understand and offers some real quality features as well the software is pretty to use and offers quite a good frequency of updates. Although sometimes the updates are too big and servers too slow to update the virus definition files. The antivirus stands no place in the paid antivirus war but has a very stable free version. Here are the main features that the software provides.
- The Anti-Spam feature for your email that prevents span mail in your inbox
- Firewall prevents hacker attacks
- Backup System creates backup for your important data
- Anti-Bot prohibits the entry of botnets into your system
- Keeps the unwanted websites away from your children’s young mind
The software is available for $20 and is probably one of the cheapest of the lot.
Here is a comparison of the performance factors of the antivirus programs discussed above the in depth comparison of all the features can be seen at the Raymond.cc:
However the antivirus market is very competitive and we definitely cannot consider this as the complete and ultimate comparison for more comparisons refer to Raymond.cc.