Most of these antivirus programs tend to store a lot of information about your system and also tend to store it in several folders on your computers hence it becomes pretty tedious to uninstall them from your computer. Norton services is one of the many such antivirus programs who do not consider their inbuilt program uninstaller good enough to be able to remove the program if at all someone wants to. So the company has come up with an uninstaller program especially for is services a concept which is pretty unique helpful and consumer oriented (who else will facilitate you in removing their product).
The Norton removal tool 2011 is an official application from Symantec, designed to remove Norton software from your computer. The tool comes in handy when users encounter issues or the uninstallation process fails while removing Norton products using Add/Remove option in Windows. If you want to uninstall Norton beta and replace it with the final version, or if you want to completely remove Norton trial version to try out another antivirus or security software, but then get some trouble with the standard uninstallation using the built-in uninstaller provided in Windows, you can very well use this removal tool.
The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2003 and later products, including the most latest editions (2010, 2011) of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Ghost, Norton SystemWorks from your computer. The complete list of the products is appended below. Most of the tech gurus have advised to use the Norton removal tool only if you find it difficult to install all the various Norton products using the in-built uninstaller. The following things need to be made sure of before uninstalling the Norton uninstall tool.
- You have Norton products installation media available.
- Uninstall PcAnywhere or WinFAX from add or remove programs if you are using them.
- Also backup databases of ACT or WinFAX before uninstalling them.
To use the Norton removable tool you need to :
- Download the Norton Removal tool
- Save the file to Windows Desktop.
- Run the Norton Removal tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Norton removal 2011 is an upgraded version of the Norton Removable tool 2010 which supports several improvements over the previously existing Norton Removaal tool 2010. As promised here is the list of the products that the service works with:
- Norton AntiSpam 2004 and 2005
- Norton AntiVirus 2003 through 2011
- Norton Ghost version 10.0, 12.0, 14.0 and 15.0
- Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
- Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2011
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
- Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2009
- Norton Confidential Online 2007
- Norton Add-on Pack 1.0 – 4.0
- Norton Save and Restore 1.0 through 2.0
- Norton 360/Security Suite/Business Suite 1.0 – 4.0
- Norton Safety Minder 1.0
- Norton SafeWeb 3.2
It is a clear warning that this installation tool should only be used with failed installation, the software is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Seven.