Mozilla is gearing up for first Beta of the upcoming new version of Firefox, 3.6 and it is now officially available for download. Firefox 3.6 Beta is featuring built-in support for themes (Personas), improved speed, performance, and implementation of new CC3 classes, startup and responsiveness improvements and much more. Firefox 3.6 Beta has ability to detect the computer’s orientation for machines that offer accelerometer support. Now Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 is also available for download from nightly build.
Firefox 3.6 Beta, codenamed Namoroka is designed for Windows, Mac, and Linux, a browser. The new features given below of the Firefox 3.6 Beta gives power to detect the orientation of a device and change the position of the on screen data. Finally, Firefox 3.6 Beta will support “Open Web Font” – a font format that supports compression and metadata to let the origins of a typeface be tracked down.
Firefox 3.6 Beta Features:
- Tab previews when you hit Ctrl + Tab.
- Improved startup speed and overall responsiveness.
- Better session restore features.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
Here are some direct download links, Please use the following to Download:
- Windows: Namoroka 3.6 Alpha 1 Setup.exe
- Mac OS X: Namoroka 3.6 Alpha 1.dmg
- Linux: namoroka-3.6a1.tar.bz2
Download Firefox 3.6 Beta 1 from here also:
Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Download from nightly build:
Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 is ready and available for download which is nightly build. Mozilla is using the generic “Minefiled” codename for Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1, to indicate that this is indeed a very early development milestone. By all means not even a full fledged Alpha release, Firefox 3.7 is nightly build. Firefox Minfield 3.7 builds include support for WebGL.
Just as its precursors, Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 looks and feels much in the same way as well but this is nothing more than an early Alpha release. If you are interested to test the Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1, then download it from the link given below. Read more…