Apple’s iPad 2 will be available on Friday, 11 March 2011 for buy online and in retail stores. The iPad 2 will be in high demand, recommended by early trade-in motion surrounding the original iPad. Crowds and long rows are expected at various Apple retail stores across the United States similar to last year’s original iPad and the iPhone 4. Before purchasing iPad 2, people need to know many things that are given below.
Individuals are allowed to place pre-orders online or to reserve a gadget for in-store pickup by Apple for the original iPad and the iPhone 4. However, the pre-order game is being passed up by Apple with iPad 2. Apple iPad 2 will be available through Apple.com at some point early Friday, and in retail stores beginning at 5:00pm. Online reports show that on March 11, 2011, Apple.com sales will begin at 12:01 am PST so East coast purchasers need to set their clocks for 3 am.
Users can select either between white or black variants in Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + 3G at Apple.com or for their Wi-Fi + 3G unit, they can choose Verizon or AT&T. “Fast, free shipping” that points out the use of 2-day Fed Ex or UPS, is promised by Apple. Users can possibly obtain units on Monday, 14 March 2011 depending on when an order goes through. As per Apple’s expectations, most users will receive their packages on Tuesday, 15 March 2011 if they have placed an order on Friday.
Selling of Apple iPad 2 will be started at 5:00pm on 11 March 2011 in Apple retail stores. Characteristically, Apple retail stores are shut down by Apple for a few hours before launch in order to obtain signage, list and staff in place. At some outdoor Apple stores, lines may begin as early as Friday morning, but depending on mall policies and general shopping traffic, indoor mall locations may begin later.
Features of Apple iPad 2:
The Dual-Core Chip Matters:
Apple iPad 2 has the dual-core chip that is nearly twice as fast as the first generation 800 MHz processor, while the graphics core is about 9x as fast. It is considered that Apple iPad 2 is a 32 nm dual-core 1 GHz processor based on the ARM layout of the A4. A smooth delivery of video features, including support of 1080p video out are necessary to be provided by it.
Apple iPad 2 contains two cameras, one rear camera and one on the front. To act as a camera to take snapshots of user as well as to support Facetime video chat, the front camera records in VGA resolution at 30 fps. Video at 720p and 30fps is recorded by the back camera. The camera resolution is still 5 megapixels.
Thinner and Lighter:
Apple iPad 2 contains 9.7″ screen size form factor however it is thinner 88 mm versus 134 mm of the iPad and 93 mm of the iPhone 4. The overall foot print of it is slightly smaller, down from 9.56 x 7.47 inches to 9.50 to 7.31 inches. Weight of it reduces from 1.5 pounds to 1.33 pounds. With the increased integration of core hardware, Apple has been allowed to drop the weight in spite of the addition of more features, such as the gyroscope.
The Battery Life Is the Same:
The battery life of it is 10 hours similar to previous device. The new iPad 2 should easily obtain users through one day of average use. It is suspected that a whole lot of video recording and video chats are not included in an average day.
The Color Cover:
Apple iPad 2 comes with a pretty interesting and notable feature, a Smart Cover. A foldable smart cover fixes magnetically to the front of the iPad 2. This cover is doubled by folded back and works as a stand for the tablet. Foldable smart cover is available in 10 colors. The cost of plastic version of the cover is $39 and the leather version is $69.
No Retina Display:
Apple would not utilize a higher resolution display in the iPad 2. It contains 9.7″ 1024×768 pixel display (132 ppi) similar to the original iPad. The iPad 2 shell is available in black and white.
iPad 2 is very useful for those, who:
- Do not have an iPhone
- Are utilizing netbooks and want to move to Apple
- Desire to stay linked online while travelling
- Want latest gadgets in their room
- Do not like Flash in their browser
- Have an iPhone & desire a bigger screen
- Want iPad 2 any ways
- Desire a bigger screen and Like playing iOS games
- Would like to create meeting videos & edit them
- Comprise more money purchase expensive netbook instead on Laptop
- Own a micro-sim card to utilize with 3G version of an iPad
- Are a drawing Artist, Musician who can take benefit of multi-touch screen other than for playing games like
There are eighteen different iPad 2 units: the nine are listed below, available in either black or white.
- iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi: $499.00
- iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi: $599.00
- iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi: $699.00
- iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi+3G Verizon: $629.00
- iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi+3G Verizon: $729.00
- iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi+3G Verizon: $829.00
- iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi+3G AT&T: $629.00
- iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi+3G AT&T: $729.00
- iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi+3G AT&T: $829.00
Tips From iLine Veterans:
- Stores near an Apple retail store such as Best Buy, Target, or Walmart stores are likely to be less crowded. For fastest purchase experience, consumers should check the retail locations nearby to the Apple Store.
- Customers need to order online, if they have a color/size preference.
- Previous to heading to the local Verizon or AT&T store, remember that Wireless stores get pretty busy on Friday nights even devoid of the iPad 2.
- The Austin-area Apple stores should be avoided as thousands of geeks will be in town and may move down on the store. Locals and visitors should clearly guide it.
- Customers can get information or line reports of busy particular locations by checking Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare.
- For Best Buy and Walmart, it is common to get Friday deliveries. It is anticipated that in any case some iPad 2 inventory will be delivered for the weekend so, a good time to try local stores is Saturday morning.
Video of Apple iPad 2 Review from youtube: