With the use of Google voice, it is easy to make free calls from your computer to a mobile phone. As people have bought 1 million phone numbers, Google Voice has rolled out more invitations to more people. Basically with more features and more goodies, Google Voice is an incorporation of Grand Central into Google Umbrella. Using Google Voice with internet connection, you can make and receive free calls to India, Pakistan, Singapore, UK, Dubai, UAE and nearly any country.
You can call anyone free from your PC with this technique by following an easy process. First of all, you need to get an invitation to create a Google Voice, for that you can request by giving your name and e-mail to prompt the voicemail from Google website to get the notification.
For Google voice, you will need:
- A comfortable headset: Mine is a $30, USB-or-analog model I grabbed off the shelf at Target. If you plan to do some serious talking from in front of your monitor, read up on what works best for your ears and head.
- Free Google Voice account: If you have not already requested an invite, do so now. They are still dishing them out first-come, first-served style, and the line gets longer every time someone writes an article about the service (ahem).
- Broadband net connection: Because you are doing a good deal of data transfer and service forwarding, you will want a pretty good pipe for phone calls that won’t make you wish for your cell phone.
- Free Gizmo5 account: It is a free virtual phone service that Google Voice officially supports and connects to. If you are more of a Skype person, we will show you a relatively cheap solution for hooking up Gizmo to Skype.
The steps to put in place before proceeding with the procedure for making voice calls with Google are given below.
- You must download and install Gizmo5
- After installing the software, open and Gizmo in the application window, click “Edit Profile“.
- You will see and completed a number “SIP number.” Copies of this issue just before the @ sign.
- Voice In Google, click “Settings” and “Phones.”
- Click on “Add another phone” and paste the Gizmo SIP number (again, only what is before the @ sign) in the box.
- Name the number “Gizmo” or whatever you want, then save it.
Process of making and receiving free calls with the use of Google voice:
The process of making and receiving free calls with the use of Google voice is easy and free. A fast Internet connection (ADSL) is required to access this service due to all knew the data broadcasted over the cable connection rather than your telephone network. A basic tutorial on how you can make and receive free calls to India, Pakistan, Singapore, UAE, Afghanistan or any country using Google Voice is given below:
- From outside USA, Google currently does not allow you to register. Therefore, if you are outside USA and got an invitation to Google Voice, you might want to use one of those proxy servers to make believe that you are from USA. Finish the registration process.
- Get one of the USA local phone number. You can easily look for an area code based on the USA Map. Pick the area code that is close to your relative or a place, where any of your relatives belong. Once you choose your area code, Google Voice will give you list of free available incoming phone numbers, pick the one that is easy to remember for you.
- Add one of the phone numbers to your Google Voice. Now that you are not from USA, you probably will not have USA number. Do not worry; Google has an option to include your Gizmo5 account to your Google Voice. Therefore, you have to know about creating free voip phone with free incoming number. You can skip the IPKall registration part. As long as you have Gizmo5 account, you are good to go.
- Now, you have Gizmo5 account; go to Google Voice ->Settings->Phones. Click on Add new phone number and select “Gizmo” from the drop down. Now enter your Gizmo5 number that starts with 747.
- Once you add this number, Google Voice will call you on your Gizmo5 number to verify the account. To confirm your Gizmo phone number, enter the two-digit code when your Gizmo5 rings.
- You have tied your Gizmo5 account with Google Voice so you have one Free USA incoming number that will your Gizmo5 account.
- If you have friends/relatives from USA, you can add their phone numbers to your Google Contacts. When you want to call any USA number, just click on a Call button and enter a USA number that you want to call for free and then select your Gizmo number to call.
- Your Gizmo number will ring first, once you pick up your Gizmo call, it will be connected to the USA number that you have dialed.
- You can give out your Google Voice number to your friends and family in USA to receive free calls to your country.