Recently, if you are driving one of the most famous Toyota cars, then you need to maintain your mind alerts to control the possibility of sudden acceleration. The incidents not only occur when you are driving at high speed, but also drivers were simply parking their car, or backing up slowly. This acceleration problem has put the brakes on the Toyota sales and productions.
Toyota owners possibly know that their vehicles may not be consistent according to their reputation. Accident possibility of Toyota increases because Drivers may lose control due to the accelerator is stick, which causes the cars to speed up on their own so eight models of Toyota are recalled. Dealers and the manufacturing plants got orders to stop their work such as dealers stop selling the vehicles and manufacturing plants stop production.
57 percent of the carmaker’s sales are made by the models, which include the popular Camry and Corolla. To prevent customer’s problem, the automaker stops to do anything. When the pedal becomes worn, the acceleration incidences happen and these are rare, said by Toyota. You can call your local dealer, if you are worried and experiencing any sticking or anything else problem of Toyota.
If you have any general questions, you can also call Toyota Customer Service Center at 800-331-4331. If you face problems of driving and the accelerator sticks, follow the links (Instruction as below).
1. To control the vehicle and stop immediately, Step on the brake pedal with both feet using firm and steady pressure. Do not pump the brake pedal because it will deplete the vacuum utilized for the power brake assist.
2. Put your car in Neutral (N) Gear position as soon as possible and use both breaks to make a controlled stop at the side of the road and then turn off the engine.
3. If can’t put the vehicle in Neutral, simply turn OFF the engine. Due to Off engine position, you will lose the control of the power assist to these systems but the steering or braking control will be still in your hand.
Use some important tips after step three :
- If the vehicle is equipped with an Engine Start/Stop button, firmly and steadily push the button for at least three seconds to turn off the engine. Do NOT tap the Engine Start/Stop button.
- If the vehicle is equipped with a conventional key-ignition, turn the ignition key to the ACC position to turn off the engine. Do NOT remove the key from the ignition as this will lock the steering wheel.
Sudden acceleration is occurred by electronics faults which control a vehicle’s power-train. Cases of sudden acceleration have increased dramatically due to electronics are used into throttle control mechanisms. The car maker uses latest technology for preparing cars safer, but vehicle electronics increase complexity every year. Accordingly, the sudden acceleration is still a very real danger and the possibility of malfunction residue. In the case of Toyota, drivers are claimed for incidents but actually the reason of incident is an electronic defect.
Mostly, the sudden acceleration happens during the drive cycle, but before 1995 the majority of incidences occurred in the car parking. When car maker had changed the design of vehicle and prepared it with electronics, then most incidences occurred while the vehicle was in progress. The sudden accelerations does not happen in any particular input, but occurs in various inputs like applying the brakes, shifting gears, disengaging the cruise control etc. These conditions can cause of difficulty in the electrical current and trigger a dangerous fault. Mostly the saddened acceleration problem is founded in new brand vehicles.
Sudden Acceleration in Toyota Cars News Video from Youtube :
Expert Recreates Toyota Sudden Acceleration Video from Youtube :