Mail service is one of the fastest and cheapest means of communication. Most of the mail services provided on the web are free and simple to use. User has just to register to create an account and start using its amazing services. User gets own space in an account, through which he/she can send to/receive from other known users. Today, there are number of mail service providers on the web. Among them, AOL mail is one of the most popular mail services among users.
AOL Email is a free web mail service of AOL Inc. (before known as America Online). AOL Inc. is a New York based multinational media company. AOL Mail service is proprietary email client of AOL Inc. and is fully integrated with AIM and other AOL content sites. The tag-line of AOL Mail is ‘Simple, Free, Fun’. You can access the site at link: webmail.aol.com or www.aol.com/mail or mail.aol.com, to create a free account and login to use its services.
The AOL Mail is a mail service, which provides unlimited online storage, better spam protection and has a simple user interface to access. The AOL provides free email, chat, local news, etc. AOL chat services of AOL mail are considered as the nation’s largest ISPs chat service. It also provides direct access to different Web based e-mail accounts – Gmail, Yahoo!, AIM Mail and Hotmail from AOL.com. User can chat with anyone using its AIM service and can access its full buddy list on the web. User can stay connected and updated with their social networks – Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Foursquare, TMZ, Bebo, etc.
Guidance for logging into AOL E-mail account:
You must be a registered user of AOL.com to access the AOL mail service. Follow the given steps to log in or sign in your AOL account:
- Go to www.aol.com/mail or webmail.aol.com.
- Enter login credentials. (i.e. Username and Password).
- Check/Uncheck ‘Remember Me’ option as per your choice.
- Click on ‘Sign In’ button.
When you log into your account for first time, scrolling headlines and news from AOL News will be displayed on the main section of the page. All the email related functions are positioned on the left side.
Guidance for registration in AOL E-mail account:
The prerequisite in the AOL mail service is to have an AOL account. Follow the given steps to register or sign up for AOL account:
- Go to aol.com/mail or webmail.aol.com. It will show up with a sign-in box on the screen.
- Click on the link ‘Sign Up for free account’, then you will be navigated to registration page.
- Enter your personal details (name, date of birth, gender, zip code, contact number, etc.) and login credentials (email address/username and password).
- Click on ‘Sign Up’ button to compete the registration process.
Features of AOL Mail:
- It provides unlimited email storage capacity.
- The email attachment limit is 25MB.
- It provides spam and virus protections.
- It supports these protocols: SMTP, IMAP and POP3.
- It provides direct access to other email service providers – Gmail, Ymail and HotMail.
- The account never expires, though no activity being done.
- Advertisements are displayed within the account. The user can enable/disable the embedded links.
- AIM Panel lets you to access full buddy list and provides shortcuts to sponsored popular websites.
- It has a facility to undo or cancel the send emails.
- It also provides spelling check facility.
- It supports 54 languages.
- It does not support SSL/HTTPS protocol.
Benefits of AOL Mail:
- Free email account registration.
- Access your account anytime, anywhere from any devices.
- It provides unlimited storage to save important data.
- It has a very good spam protection and other concrete security facilities.
- It is very user friendly, because of its simple and enriched interface.
- It helps you to maintain your events, appointments and contacts through calendar and contacts.
- The integration of buddy list from most of the social networks help the users to stay updated and connected.
- Integration with different content websites provide users up-to-date information.
- AOL Mail can be accessed from any Web Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.)
- With the help of AOL sync tool, you can synchronize all your contacts and calendar events from Outlook, Windows mobile and cell phones.