Best Methods to send free messages from PC
Ever thought that it would be so convenient if you could type those finger-tiring SMS’ from your computer and send it to your friends mobile? That you could easily navigate the cases in your SMS and make better custom smileys? All of this without spending a single penny from your pocket then you must read on:
In general, there are two ways to send SMS messages from a computer / PC to a mobile phone:
- Connect a mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to a computer / PC. Then use the computer / PC and AT commands to instruct the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to send SMS messages.
- Connect the computer / PC to the SMS center (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service provider. Then send SMS messages using a protocol / interface supported by the SMSC or SMS gateway.
Let us start with the still untidy first method- in this method we basically control our mobile phone from our computer and send our message from that mobile phone only. There is a need for a valid sim card to be connected inside the mobile and a USB cable to connect the same to the computer. After connecting a mobile phone to a computer, you can control the mobile phone by sending instructions to it. The instructions used for controlling the mobile phone are called AT commands.
The program below shows a simple example that demonstrates how to use AT commands and the HyperTerminal program of Microsoft Windows to send an SMS text message. The HyperTerminal is a program that makes functions of communication and terminal emulation and can be reached by typing the same on the command line.
AT //command used for test the GSM/GPRS connection
AT+CMGF=1//command sent to make the modem or your mobile to work in text mode
AT+CMGW=”0123456789″ //command to specify the destination address
> A simple demo J
+CMGW: 1 //this command will make this message the 1st in your outbox
AT+CMSS=1 // to send from your outbox to the destination
+CMSS: 20 // to assign a reference number to the sent message
After doing this you would have sent a SMS saying “a simple demoJ” to a number 0123456789 but this method will not be much help as not many messages can be sent together.
The second method is of using the web servers or SMS service providers to send messages to any mobile from your number. The registration process is simple you need to give your mobile number the password of your account will be made available on your mobile phone which can be used to log into your account. Once you are in, you need to upload the numbers that you want to send messages to and type the content all you need after that is to press the send button.
Here is a list of different web servers which provide this service with the links to each:
- Wadja.com – Send Free SMS Text Messages Worldwide
- Rediff Bol – Send Free SMS to India Cell Phones
- Way2SMS.com – Send Unlimited Free SMS to India
- Yahoo! Messenger – Send Free SMS to India and Abroad
- Chikka X Messenger – Web Based Free Text Messages
- YouMint.com – Send Free SMS in India on mobile
- IndyaRocks.com – Send Free SMS to any mobile & Group SMS
- Apna SMS – Web based free SMS service to most networks in India
- Vakow.com – Community of people who love SMS Forwards & Free Personal SMS in India
- SMS GupShup – Social messaging service to share
So reduce your mobile bills now and enjoy!!!!!!!!!