Using ANZ Internet Banking, now ANZ customers will be able to transfer funds among ANZ accounts, view account balances, see 12 months of transactions on all linked accounts, manage investment online and pay bills, etc. Here is provided step by step guide of ANZ Internet Banking on Transferring Funds.
With a convenient and secure alternative, ANZ internet banking provides customers to traditional over-the-counter transactions where they can use a computer to access an instant banking experience. Without visiting a branch or ATM, you can do your banking from your own home or office.
You can transfer funds between any accounts which have been set up to allow transfers, including to and from a line of credit using ANZ Internet Banking. If you have internet access and want 24 hour online access to your ANZ accounts, then go for ANZ Internet Banking.
You can do following things using ANZ Internet Banking:
- customize the names of your bank accounts
- prioritize the order of your accounts, so you can view the accounts that are most important to you
- create both domestic and foreign wires and save them as templates
- check balances and activity on any of your checking, savings, certificate of deposit, IRA or loan accounts
- see the details of your deposit
- see and print your current or previous bank statements
- receive notifications via email that your electronic statement is available at ANZ Internet Banking
- view transactions within a range of dates
- place stop payments requests and inquire into any currently outstanding stop payments requests
- download transactions into most personal finance software packages
How to transfer funds using ANZ Internet Banking?
- Under the head Everyday banking, select ‘Transfer Between My Accounts’ given on left hand side of the page. You can transfer money between any of the accounts linked to your CRN.
- You have the choice of making one-off transfer like immediate, future dated or a recurring transfer.
- Choose the one-off transfer option to make a one-off transfer. You can then select between an immediate transfer or enter a future date in the format DD/MM/YYYY.
- After completing all the required fields, press ‘Continue’.
- To make a recurring transfer: Choose the recurring transfer option to set up a recurring transfer.
Screenshot of ANZ Internet banking page to transfer funds
Important points to be taken into consideration while doing transfers
You cannot cancel a transfer or delete to be processed today. Before 10.00 pm (AEST), immediate transfers submitted on a bank business day are processed on that day, but if submitted on weekends or public holidays or after 10.00 pm (AEST) are processed on the next day. Future dated transfers need cleared funds to be existing in your account at 12.00 (midnight AEST) on the day prior to the scheduled transfer or your transfer will be failed. Go to ‘Future Payments/ transfers’, to delete Future dated transfers.
Please note that you can transfer funds through ANZ Internet Banking only after login in your accounts with your Username. New users have to register first by providing necessary details and then they can login in their account.