BOB stands for Bankwest Online Banking, is an easy-to-use and secure way to access your account. Login to www.bankwest.com.au and get information about functions and features of Bankwest Online Banking anywhere, anyplace, anytime.
Bank of Western Australia (Bankwest) is a full service bank, situated in Perth, Western Australia. It was founded in the year 1895 as the Agricultural Bank of Western Australia. Previously, Bankwest was a wholly owned subsidiary of HBOS plc. In October 2008, it was sold to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia for AU$2.1 billion. Bankwest is active in all market segments, and its lending is diversified among the business, rural, housing and personal markets. A full range of banking products like loans, savings accounts, insurance, credit cards transaction, etc are offered by Bankwest.
APRA (Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority) regulates Bankwest which is a strong, well established Australian business with a strong capital base and liquidity position, and an Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) within Australia. Bankwest is a market leader in its home state Western Australia with about one quarter of all bank advances and deposits. It serves over 900,000 customers through an extensive network of branches, cost-effective direct and third party distribution channels, agencies and electronic banking facilities, as well as 24*7 telephone and internet banking services.
Bank of Western Australia provides different types of services for personal as well as business banking. Personal banking includes Home Loans, Personal Loans, Transaction Accounts, Credit Cards, Savings & Investment, Insurance, Personal Financial Advice, etc. while Business banking consists of Business Deposits, Business Accounts, Business Credit Cards, Business Loans, Online Business Banking, How to Bank with them, International, Private Banking Services and Other Services.
Bankwest also offers a wide range of financial solutions with convenient online banking for benefits of the customers. Online Banking can be offline on Sunday from 2:00 to 6:00. Bankwest net-banking service is a user-friendly and secure way to access your account without paying monthly fee and has various facilities like balances and transaction activity, view and print canceled checks, transfer funds between accounts, pay all bills and receive updated news, stock quotes and weather information, etc.
Table showing OBB Payment Type with their description:
You must bear in mind the following Cut-Off Times for their approval, for your Instruction or Payment to be made on the same Business Day as you action them.
|OBB Payment Type||Description||Cut-Off Time|
|Internal Transfers||Internal Transfer payment to another Bankwest Account.||8.00pm (WST)|
|Pay AnyBody||Pay AnyBody to an account held at another Australian Financial Institution.||3.00pm (WST)|
|Pay AnyBody to another Bankwest account.||8.00pm (WST)|
|Payroll||Payroll payment to an account held at another Australian Financial Institution.||3.00pm (WST)|
|Pay AnyBody payment to another Bankwest account.||8.00pm (WST)|
|Direct Debits||Direct Debit instructions from an account held at another Australian Financial Institution.||3.00pm (WST)|
|Direct Debit instructions from another Bankwest account.||4.30pm (WST)|
|BPAY||BPAY payment to a Biller.||4.00pm (WST)|
If you want to access your account online, then login in your account by entering Personal Access Number and Secure Code then click on ‘log on’ button. You can find your Personal Access Number of 8 digits in your initial welcome letter, standard blue debit card or bank statements. If you are still unable to locate your Personal Access Number (PAN), then you can request for it to be mailed to you by informing Bankwest Contact Centre at 1300 440 749 or by visiting a Bankwest Bank. You will receive Secure Code in small yellow rectangular envelope consisting of a 4 digit number by Bankwest Online Banking.
Screen-shot of login page of Bankwest Online Banking:
When first time you log onto your Bankwest Online Banking, you will be requested to change this 4 digit number into your own password between 6 to 10 characters consisting of numbers and letters. If you have forgotten your Secure Code then please call at 1300 440 749. If you want to see demos of any transactions or services, simply click on the “show me” button which is given on the right-hand side of the demo. For eStatements, logon to BOB account then click on ‘eStatements’ which is given in the BOB menu. You will see the list of your accounts that are eligible for eStatements.
BankWest Online Banking Features:
- Use BankMail to send secure emails to Bankwest.
- Use the Activity Report menu to keep track of your Online Banking actions.
- You can also view and order past statements online.
- It updates your address and contact details online.
- Change your Secure Code online.
- Stop Cheques and order cheque books.
- For easier recognition, you can rename and reorder your accounts.
- You can view, access, save and print eStatements online.
- It shows you all your account balances and available balances, all from one page.
- You can also see Tax Information for the last 7 years and print or export it if required.
- It has ability to perform transaction searches on specific transactions and print or export it to your accounting package.
- Transfer funds between your own accounts in one easy transaction.
- Use Pay AnyBody to transfer funds to any person’s account held within Australia using the BSB and account number.
- Payments can be scheduled for future dates or set to be recurring multiple times by simply creating one payment.
- Detailed history is available of all successful and unsuccessful payments for the last 12 months.
- Receive bills using BPAY View®.
- Payment description is available to put a relevant description on your account while a separate narration is available for each recipient.
- Pay over 16,000 bills using BPAY®.
Get more information about Bankwest Online Banking through www.bankwest.com.au