Punjab National Bank (PNB) is the first Indian bank that have been started solely with Indian capital. Punjab National Bank (PNB) was launched in 1895 at Lahore, undivided India. Along with 13 other banks, PNB was nationalized in July 1969. The bank has grown in size and stature from its modest beginning to become a front-line banking institution in India at present. Bank has its Corporate Office at New Delhi and supervise 58 Circle Offices under which the branches function. The delegation of powers is decentralized up-to the branch level to facilitate quick decision making.
Screenshot of www.netpnb.com:
Vision of PNB is to be a Leading Global Bank with Pan India footprints and become a household brand in the Indo-Gangetic Plains providing entire range of financial products and services under one roof. Mission of PNB is Banking for the unbanked. PNB has continued to retain its leadership position amongst the nationalized banks with more than 56 million satisfied consumers and 5002 offices. The bank has also entered the credit card & debit card business; bullion business; life and non-life insurance business; Gold coins & asset management business, etc. apart from offering banking products. Punjab National Bank is committed to leveraging the latest and emerging trends, to serve its customers. PNB believes in cutomer satisfaction so it shall establish a standard in banking in our long-standing relationship.
PNB Internet Banking Services include best of the security features. A highly secured environment with multi-layer security system is installed to ensure that the services are protected and will maintain the integrity and confidentiality from any unauthorized access. As a part of security feature, tool bar and menu bar on the browser are disabled. Check the following security settings of Internet Explorer before logging into Internet Banking Services.
- Check security settings by going to Internet Explorer Tools Internet Options Advanced Security and enabling both boxes SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0
- Check the Cipher strength by going to Internet Explorer Help About Internet Explorer. If the same shows a number less than 128-bit, you have to update it by clicking on the adjacent link “Update Information”. Download the 128-bit encryption pack suitable for your browser.
- ‘VeriSign Secure site’ certification from Safe Script Ltd. All information sent to this site is encrypted and protected from third parties.
Services of PNB Internet Banking:
- Accounts: This includes A/c Summary, Statement, Schedule of deposits/loans, Nominee Details, status of cheques & on-line stop payment of cheques*.
- RTGS*: This allows inter bank remittance in real time without any manual intervention at the bank/branch.
- Transfer of funds*: This includes on-line fund transfer between own & other CBS accounts, Status of transfers.
- Requests: This includes DD request*, Cheque Book request, FD account opening/FD renewal/FD breaking requests*.
- Mails: This includes details of mail sent/received, composing/viewing/replying of mails & check status of mails.
- Customize: Customer can change his password (s), customize display & inquire activities.
- Logout: This option is to be used at the time of coming out from the services. It is advisable to logout as soon as you finish working on the services. Leaving in between or leaving the PC unattended may result in unauthorized person viewing your confidential information.
Facilities of PNB Internet Banking:
Utility Bill Payments (Telephone, Mobile, Electricity, LIC, Water, Donations, etc.), On-line Ticket Booking (Railways & Indian Airlines), Income Tax payments, MCA21, DGFT payments, Inter-bank fund transfer through NEFT & RTGS, On-line shopping, etc. The links are provided on the home page.
Login to Punjab National Internet Banking:
For logging in, you have to visit Bank’s website, www.netpnb.com or www.pnbindia.com and Click the login button. The Internet Banking page will be displayed. If you are a retail user then click on Retail Users and it will take you to the login page. enter your user ID and password then click on “login” option. Corporate user can click on “corporate user” and follow the instruction.
Screenshot of www.netpnb.com for login
if you have forgotten your password then click on “forgot password” option and enter retail user ID, IBS key, email ID, and branch ID then click on “submit” option. New customer can apply for registration with the branch by filling request form. When you submit the form, you will get user-id and password along with the User-guide from the branch, the password will be activated with in 24 hours for use. You can operate your account anytime/anywhere at your convenience because it is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You require a personal Computer (at least Pentium with Windows 95), an Internet Connection, Internet Explore (5.0 or above.), registering with the Bank(through branch) for availing the services.
- You have 5 attempts to login. The password is case sensitive i.e. p (small) is different from P (capital). So be careful while putting the password (s).
- The six (6) characters password sent to you is randomly generated by the system. The 1st character is capital alphabet (one character between A to Z), the 2nd character is a special character (@, #, $, %, &, *, etc) and the last 4 characters are numbers (four numbers, each between 0 to 9). Example: A@3458.
- The password selected by you should contain minimum 6 characters and maximum 28 characters and should be as per the rules displayed in the screen.
- At the time of first login to the services, you will be asked to change the password (s). Read the instructions provided in the same page. If you have both the passwords, you would be required to keep distinct passwords for them for security reasons. Once passwords are changed, the new passwords are to be keyed in.
- The expiry periods for Login & Transaction passwords are 360 days & 180 days respectively. This period is from the date of issue of password by the bank or change of password by the customer. If the service is not being used for the said periods, you will require new passwords to resume the same.
Some helpful tips to improve internet security:
- Keep your User-id and passwords secret.
- Select password which is difficult to guess.
- Change passwords periodically
- Use virtual keyboard shown on the screen, to enter passwords
- Do not write or disclose your passwords even to officials of PNB
- Destroy the password mailer after changing the passwords
- Avoid accessing PNB’s Internet Banking from Cyber-cafes or shared networks
- Protect your computer with adequate anti-virus solutions
Know Internet Banking Status/Details:
To know your Internet Banking status/details contact your branch, where you have account Or any CBS branch of PNB.
Or 24 Hours Help Line:
1800 180 2222 (All India Toll Free Number)
0124-2340000 (Accessible from mobile)