Learn how to reset your SecureCode password to unblock the blocked HDFC Debit Card due to incorrect input of security code for more than 3 times.
With the advent of the ATM/debit card, even people with no credit cards are able to shop online. The most common situation that nearly all the HDFC Debit Card holders face is “Transaction Failed” while completing an online shopping transaction. It’s heartbreaking and really disappointing situation especially when you don’t have another debit /credit card. The reason behind this failed transaction is blocked HDFC Debit Card due to incorrect security code input for more than 3 times. If you are facing this situation, then refer this article to know how to reset password of blocked HDFC debit card.
One of the largest banks in India, HDFC Bank has made it compulsory for its Credit/ Debit Card users to sign-up and use the “SecureCode” online authentication in order to protect them. This not only improves security of online purchases you make but also prevent misuse of your Credit/ Debit Card. Once you get registered for Verified By Visa (VBV)/ SecureCode service, you have to enter SecureCode password apart from the PIN each time you make Online Transaction using your HDFC Credit/ Debit Card.
If you enter incorrect or wrong SecureCode password during online transactions, your Debit Card will be blocked for security reasons and you will be not able to use the card at online services. To resolve this issue, you have to reset your Verified by Visa password by visiting HDFC Bank website. After resetting the password, you can enjoy online shopping with your HDFC Debit/Credit Card.
Steps to Reset Password of Blocked HDFC Debit Card
1. Logon to HDFC Netsafe website and hit the “Reset your password” link.
2. Then, enter your Card Number and Expiry date of your card.
3. You will be asked to provide your ATM PIN, mobile number and Email ID. The bank will send you One Time Password to the registered mobile number.
4. Now, enter that One Time Password and press “Submit” button.
5. After entering the Password, type in your new password and submit it.
6. You will get a message that your password has been successfully changed.