Uninor is the brand name of Unitech Wireless and the joint venture company of India’s Unitech Limited and Telenor Group of Norway, which has launched its global ‘GSM Mobile Service’ in India on Thursday, 3rd December. Uninor is the 8th GSM operator in India. Uninor Telecom would offer GSM services at rates as low as 29 paisa per minute for local and 49 paise for STD calls.
Uninor has launched operations simultaneously in 7 telecom circles with the tagline of “Ab Mera Number Hain” in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh East, Uttar Pradesh West and Bihar (including Jharkhand).
The Uninor GSM mobile service would be presented through around 1,000 distributors and 300,000 points of sale in place across India. Till today around 12,000 base stations are installed in 7 telecom circles to provide the seamlessGSM Mobile connectivity. According to company claims, as the service is now available to 550 million people, it is one of the biggest single day launches in telecom history.
Uninor India has introduced two call rate plans to attract customers to the GSM mobile service. A ‘talkmore’ at 29 paise base plan and ‘callmore’ at 29 paise subscription plan. These plans are designed for those customers who talk longer on their calls or those who make more than four calls a day.
Under the base plan offers subscriber local calls at 29 paise a minute and STD calls at 49 paise a minute, with a call set up fee of 39 paise, while local calls will be charged at 29 paise a minute and STD call at 49 paise per minute, with a daily rental of Rs.2 in subscription plan. It has no plans to offer the per-second tariff option.
According to the company statement “Uninor holds license to provide mobile phone services across all 22-telecom circles in India. The company is planning to roll-out services in 8 circles by the end of 2009.
Uninor Prepaid and Uninor Postpaid Tariff plans:
Uninor Life Time prepaid card:
- Price of pack (Rs) – Rs. 49
- Validity – Lifetime
- Free airtime (Rs) – Rs. 5
- Pulse rate – 60 seconds
Uninor Pay Per Second Plan:
- Local and Std callings to Uninor network at 1 paisa for 2 seconds
- Other networks it will be one paisa per second
Uninor Tariff Plans:
Uninor Customer Care Numbers are as Follows-
Telecom Circle Customer care No.
- Uttar Pradesh (West) 121 from Uninor or 9058090580
- Andhra Pradesh 121 from Uninor or 9059090590
- Karnataka 121 from Uninor or9060090600
- Kerala 121 from Uninor or 9061090610
- Uttar Pradesh (East) 121 from Uninor or 9125091250
- Tamilnadu and Chennai 121 from Uninor or 9171091710
- Orissa (*Not Launched) 121 from Uninor or 9124091240
- Bihar & Jharkhand 121 from Uninor or 9122091220