These days, people want to stay connected with their friends in a way, increase the use of Facebook. It has many interesting and funny features which are absent in other networking sites. This is the main reason why it is the largest online social network of the world. A feature called ‘Download Your Information’ allows users to download a copy of their Facebook photos, friends list, messages and chats. Now, users can also download any friend requests they have made, previous names that they used on the site and IP addresses of the computers they logged in from. Even, many other types of data can be downloaded. However, users can access only the data they shared themselves on Facebook, not the data from their friends.
Do you want a copy of each and every status updates which you have ever posted on Facebook, along with all your photo chats, albums, videos and even comments? You just have to ask for it. You need to follow some simple steps if you want to download all your facebook profile info. Here, you can have a look at the process but before that you should know what types of profile info can be downloaded. The profile info which the users can download is given here:
- Login info: A list of the logins that have been stored by Facebook (it will not include every login during the account history)
- Log out info: The IP addresses from which the user logged out
- Pending friend requests: Friend requests the user sent or received including the accepted or denied requests
- Poke info: Information about the pokes exchanged
- Events info: Events accepted, declined and responded Account status changes: Dates when the account was reactivated, deactivated, disabled or deleted
- Comments info: Comments you or your friends have made on your wall posts
- IP addresses: The IP addresses that Facebook have stored (this will not include all the IP addresses that have ever accessed the account)
- Languages: the languages added to the profile
- Profile Changes: History of changes made to the name on the account
- Profile information: contact info, mobile nos., bio interests etc.
- Wall information: stuff that you or your friends posted on your wall
- Your city and hometown (currently listed)
- Names of the family members listed on the account
- Relationship info (names and statuses)
- Messages – sent and received
- changes in the State of your account (if you have enabled, disabled or removed)
- List of friends
Now, go through the method of downloading the profile info:
The method of downloading:
Using your username and password, log-in to your Facebook account. On the upper right hand corner of your Facebook page you will see an ‘arrow’. Click the arrow. Four options including Account Settings, Privacy Settings, Log Out and help will be displayed. Click the ‘Account Settings’ option. A new page will be displayed with the General Account Settings. Now, find and click the “Download a copy of your Facebook data” link at the bottom of this page. Locate and select the option for ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’.
You will be directed to the ‘Download Your Information’ page. Click the ‘Start My Archive’ button to download your Facebook profile information. Now, the page with the statement like, ‘We’re generating your personal archive. We’ll email you when it’s ready’, will be opened. So, you will have to wait for it. It can take from a few minutes to several hours to collect and pack up all the data shared by you. As soon as your archive is ready, you will get an email from Facebook. In that mail, you will be given with a link. Click that link, and you’ll be directed to a Facebook page where you have to re-enter your password. Go ahead and click the “Download Archive” button to download the backup zip file having all your Facebook profile data (labeled with your Facebook user name) to your system.
This is a really useful feature. In short, it lets you know what you have done throughout your facebook life. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to individually select the data you want to download. You will have to download your entire file. But, do not forget that the backed up file contains your sensitive information. So, ensure that this file is kept in a secure location. Otherwise, there is no use of backing your profiles. You can visit the Facebook Account Settings page for more information about this feature.