About IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.)
IRCTC – Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. has been set by the Ministry of Railways of India to channelize all the catering and tourism activities of the railways to the new corporation in the public-private sector in order to upgrade and professionalize these services. It is a Government of India Enterprise. This rail-based tourism in India has highly developed and enhanced its coordination with state agencies, travel agents, tour operators and the hospitality industry. This service is also aimed at making booking tickets online easier. However, for those customers who do not have access to a computer or an internet at home or do not possess a credit card to make online booking themselves, IRCTC gives an opportunity to people to join them as ticket booking agents who do the work for such customers.
Customers can easily avail prompt railway ticket booking service from these licensed IRCTC agents. They help in acquiring them the required tickets on time at a nominal fee. Registration as an agent in IRCTC is issued for booking of e- Tickets only. Certificate of Authorization is issued by IRCTC to the agent after he fulfills certain prerequisites for applying to be an agent.
Prerequisites for IRCTC Ticket booking Agent :
These prerequisites are:-
- You must have cash, credit or debit card. Net banking facility is preferred.
- You should posses a terminal.
- Access to a personal computer and an internet connection is a must.
- You must also have a printer.
Necessary Documents for Agent Registration :
The necessary documents required to register you as an agent are as follows:
- Attested copy of either of the following-
- Driving License
- Voters ID
- PAN Card
- PF (Provident fund) Statement or PF book
- Ration Card
- Attested copy any one of the following address proof documents-
- Recent Landline or Mobile bill
- Recent electricity bill
- LIC receipt (insurance in the name of the applicant)
- Fill the forms given to you with details regarding your first, middle and last name, date of birth, office address, city name, state name, pin code, country, phone number, fax number, email id, certification authority name and digital certificate serial number.
- Send a demand draft of the specified fee in order to register you as an agent.
This is the procedure of registering yourself to become an authorized agent of ticket booking in IRCTC. The fee structure may vary between Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 15,000. Agents if permitted by IRCTC can keep a sign board outside their agency with the IRCTC’s logo. The logo’s soft copy is sent by IRCTC to the agent via email. The user id of the agents who fail to book tickets for a certain longer period of time will be deactivated by the IRCTC. Attestations done on the main documents being produced before registration may be done by a Bank Manager of a Nationalized or Private Bank (excluding Cooperative banks)/Public Notary/ Class I Gazetted officer. The minimum punishment for the same could be deactivation and further legal action can be taken depending on the severity of the case. It is compulsory for all agents to get written requests from the customers for both booking & cancellation of the tickets. These requests are to be preserved for a period of six months.
Finally, the agent must disdain from all fraudulent activities like overcharging, booking tickets through personal user ids, creating multiple user ids.